Originally Posted by willow
the tanks looking great,and i love the fish,they're so pretty.
how come you decided to go with the clown tang knowing the risks ?
Before we move on, just for clarification, the last 4 posts are all related to my 180. I accidentally posted the pictures on this 58 thread. I am trying to have these posts moved to the appropriate thread.
To answer the question...
1) I think it is a beautiful fish.
2) Given their difficulty of care, I doubt that there are many people walking into that LFS who are more qualified to attempt to keep this fish. I have a great system, proper quarantine, and experienced eye.
3) I have a buddy who has a Clown Tang thriving in his 125 reef. The fish is currently 17 years old.
4) The fish was at the LFS for 4 weeks, and I have visited the fish every weekend during this time. I was able to observe its behavioral and physical changes over a long period of time. ( For the record, most fish which I purchase receive this level of scrutiny.)
5) It is an Acanthurus genus, which should mix into my existing livestock mix well.
6) The fish not only looks healthy, but it was aggressively going after food, not the least bit shy about feeding. (It ate for me only 1 hour after adding to my Q Tank.)
7. I may never have another opportunity to purchase such a healthy specimen of Clown Tang.