06-08-2011, 03:28 PM
| || |
well i went on a 3 week vacation and the person taking of my reef inadvertently unplug the ca reactor starving my corals of calcium, alkanity, and magnesium. the tank looks like a little global warming is happening in it. I now had some of the corals STN which is where the corals begin to die from the bottom up. For the longest while i was considering hanging up my reefing days after this happened but decided to return to what i truly love. I'm now in the reaction mode. i began to frag alot of my corals to save them. i've glued them to plugs, completed water changes and stabilized my tank parameters. the corals are looking like the'll survive the trauma. The corals are begining to color back up but they do have some die off at the bottom. being a person who hates seeing imperfection in the corals i also decided to reaquascape the tank. so this is my plan.
1. frag and save as much corals as possible
2. i will store some of the corals in a temp tank while i break down the exsisting tank, clean the heck out of it, replace all the sand with new sand. reaquascape for a simpler look and return all the corals.
3. i will also remove the tank fromthe stand and rebuild the stand stronger. the wood that comes with the origional stand is begining to bulge because it's press wood. I went and got some new wood and am in the process of staining and varnishing those uprights.
4. i will also reorganize the equipment in the stand to make it look cleaner.
5. i hope to have a a+ tank when i'm done.
I'll keep you all posted!
Last edited by reefsahoy; 06-08-2011 at 03:31 PM..