Did a 20% water change on Saturday and a parameters check on Sunday (was following up after the coral warfare RTN loss of my large SPS) and was actually semi-surprised about the results.
KH: 160 (interpretation of test strip, hate the strips but still waiting my liquid test kit)
Overall, I'm very excited and happy about how well the tank is coming along. I noticed on Sunday (day following PWC) a ton of new pods on the glass, a barely visible feather duster stirring the substrate, and some new baby bristle worms. Now I know (with a few exceptions) the pods and feather dusters are for the most part good but have read mixed reviews on the bristle worms in a reef tank. I went on a recon mission last night with my old red lense flashlight and spent at least an hour watching the critters and trying to do ID's. Found most of the ones on the liverock to be amphipod's and a few copepods, the ones on the glass were still too small to ID. During my recon though I did find two 2" bristleworms coming out of one liverock and another rock had a few worm like creatures but they were smooth (not sure on the ID of the smooth ones yet).
Somethings been eating (or they melted away) some of my white polyps, not sure if any of the critters are to blame, if any I would assume the bristleworms (in addition to the two "large" ones in the rock there were 8 noticable juveniles free swimming and in the substrate that I found
) Anyways that's for another post
just wanted to update on the water test and show my excitement about zero Nitrates