Ok, are you doing reef or FOWLR?
- Yep. 10 to 20lbs is good if you just want it for looks as I do. 3-4" is better to acheive a DSB.
not sure about lighting yet, how much do i need?
- All depends.
heater and filter
- 50W heater. Filter is not needed. You need powerheads with water changes. Your LR is your main filtration.
- EEEEEEWWWWW!!! Not needed at all.
caves and hiding places
- See above. LR provides all of this.
10-15 pounds of live rock
- More like 20-40lbs for idea filtration.
1 neon goby
2 percula clownfish
- If you can find one. They are *extremely* hard to come by in LFS's. I got mine as a hitchiker, and love it.
- Gramma, not Grandma. Lol.
If it was me, I would add fish like this:
-Wait 1-2 months for cycle.
-Right after, CUC. Gradual increase of that over 1.5 months.
-Corals, if you will get some.
-Fish at at least 3-4 months. I would get either the Neon or the Clowns first.
-Third fish at month 8, if everything is fine.
-Fourth fish at a year, if everything is fine.