11-14-2006, 02:06 PM
| || |
More information about the tank would be very useful.
To clear up things, Ich isn't a virus, it is a parasite. Freshwater dips may help, but are usually ineffective against the parasite because it burrows under the mucous coat of the fish where it cannot be reached by the freshwater. The best treatment for any marine parasite is a medication containing copper, but this will also kill any inverts in your tank along with destroying some of your bacterial filtration.
Two medications that work effectively against almost anything when used in conjunction are Kick-Ich and Rally. Only Kick-Ich will work by itself against Ich, but Rally does effectively treat bacterial infections. Both do not contain copper and are invert safe. If you can quarantine any of your sick fish into a hospital tank that would be your best course of action, and you can use a copper based medication. If not, those two medications would be very useful in your tank.
Also be careful with what type of tangs you are putting in your tank. Anything in the genera Zebrasoma tends to be pretty aggressive, and any tangs with a similar body shape are going to fight with one another. Make sure you're not overcrowding either. Tangs are very susceptible to ich and should be quarantined before being placed in your tank. Even the slightest amount of stress can cause an outbreak.