Recommendations for new Marine. - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 11-14-2010, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
MrBishop's Avatar
 
Recommendations for new Marine.

Hi guys,
so a few weeks ago i began my new project and finally set up my marine tank,



Now after adding some live rock and a few Crabs,





I Dont know what fish to get, I want coral in my tank so what fish would be best.

Many thanks!

RIO 240 (SW)
1x Sailfin Tang
1x Mimic Tang
2x Fire Shrimp
2x Clowns

5x Small Hermit Crabs
5x Turbo Snails
MrBishop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 Old 11-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Reference Team
 
badxgillen's Avatar
 
fish

what size is the aquarium....if it is small...reef safe....percula or ocelaris clowns...scooter blennies...fire fish...shrimp gobies....small damsels...chromis...psuedochromis....banghai cardinals...to name a few...

...........
badxgillen is online now  
post #3 of 49 Old 11-15-2010, 05:42 AM
Member
 
Pasfur's Avatar
 
Another observation, given the height of your reef structure, which is small, you will be more limited than normal on how many fish you can keep before you begin to see aggressive behaviors. If you were to say, double the height of that live rock structure, then you would have a much easier time mixing fish.

It really depends on your goal. What fish are you interested in?
Pasfur is offline  
post #4 of 49 Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
MrBishop's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasfur View Post
Another observation, given the height of your reef structure, which is small, you will be more limited than normal on how many fish you can keep before you begin to see aggressive behaviors. If you were to say, double the height of that live rock structure, then you would have a much easier time mixing fish.

It really depends on your goal. What fish are you interested in?
Thanks for reply, im looking on getting loads more live rock because i want a nice reef.

i want really bright colorful fish.

RIO 240 (SW)
1x Sailfin Tang
1x Mimic Tang
2x Fire Shrimp
2x Clowns

5x Small Hermit Crabs
5x Turbo Snails
MrBishop is offline  
post #5 of 49 Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
MrBishop's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by badxgillen View Post
what size is the aquarium....if it is small...reef safe....percula or ocelaris clowns...scooter blennies...fire fish...shrimp gobies....small damsels...chromis...psuedochromis....banghai cardinals...to name a few...
120 litres

RIO 240 (SW)
1x Sailfin Tang
1x Mimic Tang
2x Fire Shrimp
2x Clowns

5x Small Hermit Crabs
5x Turbo Snails
MrBishop is offline  
post #6 of 49 Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Reference Team
 
badxgillen's Avatar
 
fishy

royal gramas are cool too...gramma loreto has a purple front half with a bright yellow rear portion...and they stay small...

...........
badxgillen is online now  
post #7 of 49 Old 11-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Member
 
Pasfur's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by badxgillen View Post
royal gramas are cool too...gramma loreto has a purple front half with a bright yellow rear portion...and they stay small...
great fish... don't confuse with the BiColor Pseudochromis, which is the same color but very territorial.
Pasfur is offline  
post #8 of 49 Old 11-16-2010, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
MrBishop's Avatar
 
look nice, i like tangs aswell, are they agressive or ok?

RIO 240 (SW)
1x Sailfin Tang
1x Mimic Tang
2x Fire Shrimp
2x Clowns

5x Small Hermit Crabs
5x Turbo Snails
MrBishop is offline  
post #9 of 49 Old 11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Member
 
trukgirl's Avatar
 
120 litres according to the Google calculator is 31 gallons... WAY too small for a tang.

Also we generally go by the rule of 1 pound per gallon of live rock... that would be around 14 kilos. Nothing wrong with having more though!

JoAnn
custom 7ft 125g softie/leather Reef
44g marine predator fowlr

100g outdoor pond/waterfall

Last edited by trukgirl; 11-16-2010 at 07:54 PM.
trukgirl is offline  
post #10 of 49 Old 11-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Member
 
bearwithfish's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trukgirl View Post
120 litres according to the Google calculator is 31 gallons... WAY too small for a tang.

Also we generally go by the rule of 1 pound per gallon of live rock... that would be around 14 kilos. Nothing wrong with having more though!
+1
+1 the more the merrier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in the Game!!! Live Bearers in a 40 Breeder
bearwithfish is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some recommendations for new lighting aunt kymmie Freshwater Aquarium Equipment 4 07-20-2010 05:59 AM
the use of marine mammals in marine aquaria maria3 Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 1 01-26-2010 01:47 PM
Ich recommendations please whtroze Tropical Fish Diseases 8 02-08-2009 04:17 PM
I Need Some Fish Recommendations Fade2White12 Freshwater and Tropical Fish 15 06-21-2007 06:48 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome