02-09-2013, 08:20 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness
The Parasite can't survive the pressure difference between normal 1.017-1.026 Marine levels that it dies. 1.013 was to close to that range, thats why its 1.009 or right at Brackish levels. You can also FW dip the fish, this will also kill the parasite on the fish, but won't get rid of it in the system.
Tomorrow I shall reduce the level more. Question though. I know that alot of invertebrates cannot handle a change in water chemistry. Will my hermit crabs and the kenya tree coral be able to survive that low level specific gravity? Should I move them to my 29g for now?