Just Curious...... - Page 2
Tropical Fish

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources » Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks » Saltwater Fish » Just Curious......

Just Curious......

This is a discussion on Just Curious...... within the Saltwater Fish forums, part of the Saltwater Fish and Coral Reef Tanks category; --> Originally Posted by diablo13 Ok, so 50 cents per gallon doesn't seem too bad. So that's 5$ to start, with 1-2 to top off, ...

Check out these saltwater fish profiles
Ocellaris Clownfish
Ocellaris Clownfish
Purple Tang
Purple Tang
Reply
Old 09-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Ok, so 50 cents per gallon doesn't seem too bad. So that's 5$ to start, with 1-2 to top off, and 1 per week after that. What type of Watchman Goby? I wikipedia'd them and like 10 different kinds came up. So LED, hard corals....all sounds OK. Is the usual 5w per gallon OK?
Posted via Mobile Device
5w per gallon will do ya fine using LED's.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #12
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Ok, so a 50w LED would be good.....and I was just worried about increased salinity. If I go on a true 1 week+ vacation, I'll get someone to top it off, but would it be fine for say a weekend?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Ok, so a 50w LED would be good.....and I was just worried about increased salinity. If I go on a true 1 week+ vacation, I'll get someone to top it off, but would it be fine for say a weekend?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup, your good on both accounts.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #14
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Thats! As I'm stockpiling info, I might as well keep going. If you don't mind, what do you think the easiest corals to care for are?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Thats! As I'm stockpiling info, I might as well keep going. If you don't mind, what do you think the easiest corals to care for are?
Posted via Mobile Device
There are going to be many opinions on this one, but in my experience you can keep LPS and Softies with no troubles. I have had trouble with SPS, but have since gotten my tank parameters in line and am going to try the easy ones again. Birds Nest for one. A few Staghorns. With enough light and superb water you should be able to keep SPS. The thing with those are you have to watch everything very closely.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Thanks! Yknow, I just wanted to share, I've always liked Mandarin Dragonets, but knowing their care level I always just sorta daydreamed. So I was surfing the Internet and found this:Caring for a Mandarin Goby and I asked my LFS, apparently they feed them live Brine Shrimp, and they actually eat it 0.0 I know they would still need a steady supply of Copepods, Mysis Shrimp, and Cyclop-Eeze, but do you think this is even remotely possible?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #17
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Thanks! Yknow, I just wanted to share, I've always liked Mandarin Dragonets, but knowing their care level I always just sorta daydreamed. So I was surfing the Internet and found this:Caring for a Mandarin Goby and I asked my LFS, apparently they feed them live Brine Shrimp, and they actually eat it 0.0 I know they would still need a steady supply of Copepods, Mysis Shrimp, and Cyclop-Eeze, but do you think this is even remotely possible?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup. quite a few people have them. They usually just dose PODS into their tank. And there are a few that have "trained" them to eat mysis shrimp and other things. Some LFS sell PODS.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #18
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Even in such a small tank? I still have a couple years to research, but that would be like a dream come true. The LFS employee just said they ate Frozen and Live Brine Shrimp, I asked if they really ate it, he said they'd eat the frozen if they were moving, and they liked the live. If I do end up buying one, I'll need an example first. I believe they had maybe 3-4 there, all in different tanks. And is it really true it's impossible for them to get Ick? Sorry for the question load....
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Even in such a small tank? I still have a couple years to research, but that would be like a dream come true. The LFS employee just said they ate Frozen and Live Brine Shrimp, I asked if they really ate it, he said they'd eat the frozen if they were moving, and they liked the live. If I do end up buying one, I'll need an example first. I believe they had maybe 3-4 there, all in different tanks. And is it really true it's impossible for them to get Ick? Sorry for the question load....
Posted via Mobile Device
All fish can get Ich. Ich really is a disease that mostly get into the gills, you visually see it on the fish after the fact. As long as you can keep the PODS alive in the tank, which isn't very hard, you can keep them. They require alot of rockwork and such because of the PODS. If you've ever seen one, they dont' swim around fast at all, they more or less float and hop around looking for food.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #20
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Yup, that's what they looked like at the store :) they're beautiful, though. The 190$ would be worth it, XD. So would the 10 pounds of Live Rock be OK? Or do I need 15?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just curious drpound2 Livebearers 1 05-03-2011 02:20 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.