Just Curious...... - Page 13 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 147 Old 10-01-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Hey guys, I know a 29 gallon is a little small for a Flame/ Coral Beauty Angel, but all the sources I've read say 29-30 gallons, even your profiles. If I wanted one of those, what could go with it?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Hello? Anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #123 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Hey guys, I know a 29 gallon is a little small for a Flame/ Coral Beauty Angel, but all the sources I've read say 29-30 gallons, even your profiles. If I wanted one of those, what could go with it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Sure you could. They may pick at corals, if you had any plans on having any. But yea, your good with that fish. No one is going to give you crap about a one gallon difference.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #124 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Yes, I figured 1 gallon didn't really matter very much. According to Pasfur's stocking thread, I could have 1 of those, and still be able to get the Orchid Dottyback and a Goby. Hrmm, and now I like Green Chromis. Geez, this really opens up my options :D
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #125 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Yes, I figured 1 gallon didn't really matter very much. According to Pasfur's stocking thread, I could have 1 of those, and still be able to get the Orchid Dottyback and a Goby. Hrmm, and now I like Green Chromis. Geez, this really opens up my options :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Your list is sound. But, only get one Chromis. They look neat, but they are not going to school in your tank, or any other for that matter. They are really mean buggers. They will chase each other unitl there is only one left. At first they will be ok, but once settled in. Not good.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #126 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
0.0 ok, I thought they were schooling fish. Thanks for the advice. So i just have to decide the Central Fish for the tank.......
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #127 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Well, just came back from the LFS, no Flame or Coral Beauty Angels. Or Angels, for that matter. My dad really likes the Tangs, though. I wonder if I should tell him they need a 125 gallon tank. Anyway, I saw these awesome little things called Camel Shrimp. Does anyone know what they do, like clean algae?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #128 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Well, just came back from the LFS, no Flame or Coral Beauty Angels. Or Angels, for that matter. My dad really likes the Tangs, though. I wonder if I should tell him they need a 125 gallon tank. Anyway, I saw these awesome little things called Camel Shrimp. Does anyone know what they do, like clean algae?
Posted via Mobile Device
Camel Shrimp are often misidentified as Peppermint Shrimp. Pretty much the same thing. No algae eating, well, they'll pick at it, but not really big enough to put a dent in it, scavengers.

Saltwater Aquarium Shrimp for Marine Reef Aquariums: Camel Shrimp
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #129 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Member
 
MarinePsycho's Avatar
 
Tracking post =3

Occupied Tanks;
1 ten gallon tank
1 five gallon tank


empty;
a few jars
MarinePsycho is offline  
post #130 of 147 Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Member
 
onefish2fish's Avatar
 
camel shrimp are not reef safe.
onefish2fish is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just curious drpound2 Livebearers 1 05-03-2011 02:20 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome