Just Curious...... - Page 10 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 147 Old 09-28-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Thank god I'm limited in a 10 gallon, or you could be sure that's what would happen. I'm already addicted to tropical fish :P I still Need to finish stocking my 29. Just 2 more weeks....
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 147 Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Have fun with it.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #93 of 147 Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Yup....nice school of Neon Tetras and a BN pleco. Should be nice and active......anyway, thank you for all your help!
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #94 of 147 Old 09-29-2011, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
I just came back from the LFS, they do carry Swissguard Basslets, yay! But on the clownfish, the had 1 True Percula, and the rest where Occy or a kind I've never heard of, Onyx Clownfish. They were really small, like an inch long. Does anyone know what they are?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #95 of 147 Old 09-29-2011, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Yknow, I've been thinking about it......my LFS has contest to win a 46 gallon, and, depending on how old my danios are, I could use the 10 gallon for Neon Tetras and the 29 for Saltwater. This is just a train of thought, I'd love to do it but I know I'd need a protein skimmer and like 30-35 pounds of Live Rock, but if this does happen, can anything go in with a pair of Occy Clowns? I love Flame/ Coral Beauty Angels, but I think that tank is too small for them
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #96 of 147 Old 09-29-2011, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Hello? Anybody?
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #97 of 147 Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Member
 
onefish2fish's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Yknow, I've been thinking about it......my LFS has contest to win a 46 gallon, and, depending on how old my danios are, I could use the 10 gallon for Neon Tetras and the 29 for Saltwater. This is just a train of thought, I'd love to do it but I know I'd need a protein skimmer and like 30-35 pounds of Live Rock, but if this does happen, can anything go in with a pair of Occy Clowns? I love Flame/ Coral Beauty Angels, but I think that tank is too small for them
Posted via Mobile Device
the 29 wouldnt need a skimmer, but i suggest one. i think either the flame or coral beauty would really be pushing it in a 29 gal. and i think they would be better suited for a 40-50+ gallon tank along with any of the other dwarf speices of angels.
on a positive note, a 29 gallon would allow another fish or two along with the pair of clowns you wanted.
onefish2fish is offline  
post #98 of 147 Old 09-29-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
diablo13's Avatar
 
Yes, could you recommend a good protein skimmer that's 100$ or less? I know the Angels would be pushing it, they need about a 40 inch tank, right? The LFS keeps a pair of Occys in a 15 gallon reef up front, one black and one orange. I think that would be a nice combination. What would be good fish to live with them? And thanks for looking, Onefish :)
Posted via Mobile Device
diablo13 is offline  
post #99 of 147 Old 09-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefish2fish View Post
the 29 wouldnt need a skimmer, but i suggest one. i think either the flame or coral beauty would really be pushing it in a 29 gal. and i think they would be better suited for a 40-50+ gallon tank along with any of the other dwarf speices of angels.
on a positive note, a 29 gallon would allow another fish or two along with the pair of clowns you wanted.
I agree with all of this. Check these guys out.
Saltwater Clown Fish - Aquatic Connection
Clownfish: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article
And I can't find much info on the Onyx Clownfish, sorry man.
Reefing Madness is offline  
post #100 of 147 Old 09-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
Yes, could you recommend a good protein skimmer that's 100$ or less? I know the Angels would be pushing it, they need about a 40 inch tank, right? The LFS keeps a pair of Occys in a 15 gallon reef up front, one black and one orange. I think that would be a nice combination. What would be good fish to live with them? And thanks for looking, Onefish :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Ah man your killing me, I don't get home until 4:30 to answer. The clowns you are looking at will stay to themselves, you can keep almost anything with them.
Reefing Madness is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just curious drpound2 Livebearers 1 05-03-2011 02:20 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome