I have a blue hippo tang and a trigger. They are both new and eating frozen food well. I was just inquiring into additional feeding options.
I bought a mix of frozen food (kirll, shrimp, veggies, peas...all cut into different color cubes). My LFS told me the Tang would like the greener cubes more (because they have more veggies). My questions are as follows:
(1) What else should I feed the tang (I also have sea veggies)? What about the trigger (I just feed him the frozen food)? I know that a variety of food must be provided.
(2) The food I have is vitamin enriched. Should I buy vitamins separately or the vitamins in the food are sufficient?
(3) Should I dip the food in garlic formula sometimes? If so how often?
(4) Should I clip lettuce or something else to the side of the tank for the Tang to graze on? I've read that lettuce may increase phosphates. Is that true?
(5) Can I feed the tang and trigger regular flake or pellet food? I have those but I don't use them.
(6) Can I feed the trigger live freshwatter
feeder fish? If not, what kind of live food can I provide? I've read that Triggers must be fed live food with hard shells in order to help sharpen the trigger's teeth. What kind of food would that be?
(7) I bought some dried seaweed from a Chinese store. Can I feed this to the Tang, or do I need to buy some kind of special seaweed?
(8 ) And most importantly, how OFTEN should I feed them? I've heard that Tang's like to graze on food throughout the day.