My lovely fiance bought a nice rock covered in mushrooms for Valentine's day. It is a nice set of mushrooms, and have opened up beautifully. For the first month it showed no sign of aiptasia, but over the last two weeks, there has been a small outbreak around the rock. What is the best method of getting rid of this pest? I heard that peppermint shrimp eat aiptasia, but can also eat mushroom corals...Is there any fish, or supplement that can rid me of this problem?
Sorry I did not give params, I haven't taken them this week. My last params as of a week ago were:
trates - <20 ppm, trites - 0 ppm, ammonia - 0 ppm, ph - 8.3, salinity - 1.023 s.g., calcium - 400 ppm.
inhabitants - hippo tang, pair of percula clowns, bangaii cardinal, frogspawn, hammer, zooanthid polyps of various colors, anthelias, mushrooms, ricordias, ss starfish, emerald crabs, fire shrimp, cerith and nassarius snails, hermit crabs and a RT bubble anemone.
tank - 46 gallon bow-front, 15 gallon sump, a hydor koralia 3 on during the day and a koralia 2 on at night, a coralife 65 gal superskimmer (I just switched from a seaclone 100), and a current USA nova extreme pro 36" T5 light, I just switched from MH lighting.