Heh, well I couldnt leave well enough alone. I moved one rock, then another, then a couple hours later I was once again satisfied! So the rock formation has changed Im afraid, but for the better. There is better waterflow around the rocks now and there are more caves than before. I didnt test the water today since I stirred things up quite a bit moving rocks so I will test tomorrow when the water has cleared up.
The skimmer is now running like it should with a gazillion micro bubbles and there is actually some skimmate in the collection cup now but nothing like there will be after it fully breaks in I would assume. Hopefully I didnt mess anything up as far as the diatom bloom goes. The original reason for moving the rock was to rescue an upside down Astrea from behind the rocks then nothing looked right
but I do like it better now
It wasnt long ago that I was REALLY impatient about wanted to add some more of my CUC but Ive have since made it past that itch and now all Im really concerned about is letting my tank mature. Im sure in a few days I will be back to wanting some more life in the tank but I do want to give everything the best chance to thrive that I possibly can.
Ill be honest, Im kicking myself in the butt for being so impatient. I shouldnt even have started this project to be honest because obviously I already want BIGGER and BETTER, but I now have a $200 skimmer that wont be enough for a 75G tank. Oh well, live and learn I suppose. Ill just continue with this project and learn all I can from it to be better prepared when I DO start up a larger reef tank.