If it is not too much trouble, can you get new plastic garbage container which can hold about 30 Gallons of water each.
1. Fill 1st container with new s/w water, circulating and heated to match the temp of 29G tank..
2. Perform PWC on 29G and saved that water in the 2nd container. Use the water from 1st container to fill
3. Add the water in 2nd containere to fill 1st container.
4. Repeat 2 & 3 couple of times or more if you wish.
5. The day you want to transfer, take the water from 1st container and split b/n 2 containers.
Drain half of 29 G into 1st and 2nd containers . Remove Rocks into 2nd container.
6. Siphon out more water from 29 G into split b/n both containers leaving enough water in the tank for the
7. Take the fish out using small plastic box (Lee's Products have such to hold the fish before bagging in
lfs). Put the plastic box into tank near one corner and chase the fish into it and scoop it out.
Thus noscratches or damages done to body/eyes. Place the fish into first container.
8. Drain out rest of the water and drain into 2nd container. (maybe very mulky but no problem)
9. Move the 29 G and place 55G.
10. Using net, scoop out all the substratefrom 29G and place them in 55G. Good time to add more prewashed new substrates in separate bucket.
11. Pump the water from 2nd bucket into 55G. Place that small plastic box in 55G and let water overfrlow from the box thus gentle filling, less mulky.
12. As water is pumped from 2nd container to 55G, can add LR .
13. When 2nd container is empty then start pumping water from 1st tank with fish. Make sure to use foam on the pump (Mag-Drive). Do not fill to the rim though.
14. Leave enough water in the container for fish which you can pick up and pout both water and fish into 55G.
Make sure the water in the container with fish is not more than what you need to fill the tank.
15. Set up rest of equipments.