Hi guys, new here...setting up a new marine tank - ive had them before but on much smaller scale and not a reef.
so im wanting to keep fish and corals.
what im getting - 48x24x24 tank, from what ive read the sump/refugium seems the way to go. got some questions if you can help...
1. first time filling up the tank, can i mix reef salt and tap water as long as there is nothing in the tank?
2. how do i setup a sump filter with a new tank?
3. does refugium / sump need lighting (it will be in the cabinet) ?
4. is a UV worthwhile for the filter?
5. i want the over flow in the centre at the back of the tank, is this ok?
6. where do i position powerheads?
thanks guys, im sure there will be more q's to follow.