overflow box and pumps? - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
New Member
overflow box and pumps?

iv heard about an overflow box that you need for a sump, could someone please tell me 1 is and about the pumps you need for a sump or something.
jb92 is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Do you mean tell you what an overflow box is?
Brandon is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 03-20-2007, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
New Member
yes but i also need to know about the pumps that go in the sump
jb92 is offline  
post #4 of 4 Old 03-20-2007, 08:32 PM
If your tank is undrilled you'll need to pick up an HOT style over flow box. Visit any online supply and the sell them. You'll get the idea when you see it. You'll need a suitable return pump to lift the water back to the tank. I prefer Eheim. Look at picking up something in the 5-10 times the volume of the tank for the return flow. As in, 100g tank 700-1,000GPH pump.
caferacermike is offline  

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many pumps do I need? angelleah1981 Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 5 03-06-2008 12:14 AM
Co2 pumps? GregV Beginner Planted Aquarium 1 08-23-2007 01:32 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome