Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Ideas please (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/ideas-please-99786/)

Molinious 04-26-2012 04:43 PM

Ideas please

1 Attachment(s)
Newly bought pick up sunday and alot of cleaning up to do, just want some help deciding on the aquascape please tyia

ladayen 04-26-2012 04:57 PM

What kind of fish are going in there? Any ideas yet? Assuming you are looking at using live plants?

Molinious 04-26-2012 05:06 PM

I wouldnt use anything other than live plants!!!!!!! I already have a 140ltr corner aquarium setup with
Congo tetras, neon tetras, rummynose tetras, rosy tetras, cherry barbs, gold plec, yoyo, crs, bettas so was thinking of moving them into 1 of the new tanks together or split them

Or try something completely different with 1 of the tanks, iv got a great stockist local to me that can get pretty much anything you can ask for, just give them some time to source them

arscott82 04-26-2012 07:55 PM

I've been thinking lately about how some cardinal tetras and german blue rams would be cool together. It would be at a little higher temp then most tanks, but there would still be a lot you could do with plants. Just my thoughts, I'm pretty sure my next tank will be stocked this way. Just have to talk the wife into letting me get another tank first.

ladayen 04-26-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molinious (Post 1060308)
I wouldnt use anything other than live plants!!!!!!! I already have a 140ltr corner aquarium setup with
Congo tetras, neon tetras, rummynose tetras, rosy tetras, cherry barbs, gold plec, yoyo, crs, bettas so was thinking of moving them into 1 of the new tanks together or split them

Or try something completely different with 1 of the tanks, iv got a great stockist local to me that can get pretty much anything you can ask for, just give them some time to source them

Well..if you have those all in groups as those species require that is a massively overstocked tank. If they are not in groups I would encourage you to try and rehome some. What size is the new tank?

Olympia 04-26-2012 08:20 PM

I'd base the new tank around the congo tetra and compatible species..
In the 140L I would leave the rummmies, cherries, betta, possibly rosies, possible neons. Move everyone else.
I wouldn't be keeping congo tetra with small fish like that.

Molinious 04-27-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladayen (Post 1060566)
Well..if you have those all in groups as those species require that is a massively overstocked tank. If they are not in groups I would encourage you to try and rehome some. What size is the new tank?

There only in groups of 6, they seem very happy and have flourished,over stocking doesnt seem to be an issue as no problems with inter species relationg or disease

New tank is 4ft long see picture below

Molinious 04-27-2012 08:10 AM

youd be suprised with the harmony in the aquarium, iv not had a case of fin nipping or any agressive issues to date, hense why iv purchased large aquaria as i think they deserve more space

Molinious 04-27-2012 08:14 AM

the congos really are becoming a favourite of mine maybe set up a species tank for them