Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Journals (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/)
-   -   Our 4 Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-journals/our-4-aquariums-99617/)

Canadian Fish 04-24-2012 12:51 PM

Our 4 Aquariums

Here is a short video of our 4 aquariums.

Freshwater Aquariums - YouTube

55 Gallon
Rainbowfish (Red, Blue, Bosemani)
Zebra Loaches
Zebra Dainos
Platies

55 Gallon
Mollies

20 Gallon
Platies
Corys
Guppies
Dwarf Gourami
Bristlenose Pleco

35 Gallon
Calico Ryukin Goldfish

We just started stocked the 55 gallon tank with the mollies. The decorations are sparse because we plan on recreating Bikini Bottom (Spongebob) for our 3 year old, but we have to order in the ornaments.

We plan on having a total of 3 Ryukins in the goldfish tank.

We found out today our LFS has layaway so at some point in the coming months we will be stocking a 125 gallon 6 footer (already excited), then we'll try some real fishkeeping, lol.

redchigh 04-24-2012 05:36 PM

Looks pretty cool.

Personally I'm (and a lot of others here) are fans of more 'natural' aquariums (dark substrate, dark background, realistic decor) but your fish look pretty healthy.

Ever tried live plants?

Canadian Fish 05-08-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redchigh (Post 1058103)
Looks pretty cool.

Personally I'm (and a lot of others here) are fans of more 'natural' aquariums (dark substrate, dark background, realistic decor) but your fish look pretty healthy.

Ever tried live plants?

My wife is interested in trying live plants, but do you need special lights and substrate? Also, is it necessary to use fertilizer for live plants?

Romad 05-08-2012 06:22 PM

Nice tanks and yes - that's a lot of color going on :) What are you going to stock the 125 gallon with?

My dream tank is 125 gallon Discus tank (drool.......)

Canadian Fish 05-08-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 1074096)
Nice tanks and yes - that's a lot of color going on :) What are you going to stock the 125 gallon with?

My dream tank is 125 gallon Discus tank (drool.......)

I just read Byron's four part plant guide and it may be more work than I'm interested in. We're looking at maybe putting black substrate in the new tank.

We're actually finally putting the 125 on layaway tomorrow. I love the discus but they're out of my price range. (We were actually checking them out at our LFS today) I was thinking maybe some Balas, Barbs and a Pleco. Maybe some loaches (yoyos or polka dots) if I have room. I'm sure it will be a couple of months by the time I have paid off the tank and stand and also purchased the heaters, filter, substrate, etc. This is a major purchase for us.

So that gives me lots of time to change my mind a dozen times about what I want to stock. ;)

In the meantime I'll be entertaining myself stocking the 55 gallon molly tank. My wife wants bleeding heart tetras. I was thinking of a few silver dollars and maybe some smaller loaches.