Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
- - Some General Advice Needed (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/some-general-advice-needed-99420/)
Some General Advice Needed
Currently about to pickup my new custom made tank. But I have some questions as it's a different shape from what I'm used too.
Dimensions of the new tank:
Length : 70cm
Depth : 45cm
Height : 80cm
As you can see it's rather high comapred to the more usual lenghtier tanks.
My questions are:
- Filter will be inside the tank. Fluval U4 I think. Will this pump enough current around the bottom of the tank? If not, what would be a solution?
- Where should I put the heater. Bottom, Middle or Top near the pump to get a better spread of heat, depends on flow I guess.
- Should I add some air pumps to add more oxygen to the tank since it is quite high?
- Fish. I was going to use the tank as a community tank with smaller species. Obviously selecting dependant on PH etc...Can anyone recommend any Mid/Top tank fish that would fit in with a small species community tank?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm determined to get my new setup done right, it's just the shape of the tank that's throwing me off.
Welcome to TFK.
Your tank is a 66gal (250l)
What is your PH and hardness?
What fish did you have in mind?
The filter is rated 90gals so I think it would be enough.
What is your substrate?
Are you looking at any centerpiece fish?
Thanks for the amazingly quick responses, appreciated :-D
Still haven't tested my tap water PH levels so I guess I should hold off asking the question about fish.
Thanks Mo, your answers to my other questions where superb. In regards to the filter, I was just wanting to know if it would provide enough oxygen not soo much bothered about the flow. But you gave me the answer I was hoping for.
Same with the heater, will pobably sit it near the highest flow point, will test different areas of the tank wth thermometers to make sure the heat is spreading eveningly.
So thanks again for the answers.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.