Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello community! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/hello-community-98549/)

FishEatOutOfMyHand 04-11-2012 11:23 PM

Hello community!

Hey I'm Meg I am brand new to this site but already find it really interesting and very informative and the people are all very helpful with answering my questions which I really appreciate! Anyway, I just started keeping fish as a hobby a few months ago originally thinking it would provide a distraction from always thinking about work and my stressful job when I am home. What I came to find out was how very relaxing aquariums can be. I really got into it all, I started reading and researching and after getting a 36 gallon tank I got a second 10 gallon. My fish are smart and curious lovely little creatures and I really love them they are my little buddies. I enjoy giving them a good home and learning all of this new interesting information. I always just thought fish were kind of for looks but now after reading so much about them and experiencing them for myself, I found that they are really great little beings that can remember little tricks like eating from my hand or swimming through my fingers or following me when I walk around the tank. I never knew they could get stressed or that certain conditions help them to live longer happier lives. Anyway, nice to meet everyone and I'm excited to be a part of this community since I have a little extra time on my hands for the next few weeks :)

GwenInNM 04-13-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishEatOutOfMyHand (Post 1044082)
Hey I'm Meg I am brand new to this site but already find it really interesting and very informative and the people are all very helpful with answering my questions which I really appreciate! Anyway, I just started keeping fish as a hobby a few months ago originally thinking it would provide a distraction from always thinking about work and my stressful job when I am home. What I came to find out was how very relaxing aquariums can be. I really got into it all, I started reading and researching and after getting a 36 gallon tank I got a second 10 gallon. My fish are smart and curious lovely little creatures and I really love them they are my little buddies. I enjoy giving them a good home and learning all of this new interesting information. I always just thought fish were kind of for looks but now after reading so much about them and experiencing them for myself, I found that they are really great little beings that can remember little tricks like eating from my hand or swimming through my fingers or following me when I walk around the tank. I never knew they could get stressed or that certain conditions help them to live longer happier lives. Anyway, nice to meet everyone and I'm excited to be a part of this community since I have a little extra time on my hands for the next few weeks :)

Welcome!! Glad you've joined us. A fun hobby for sure :-D

Gwen

Termato 04-13-2012 10:30 PM

Pictures!!

Welcome to TFK!

BarbH 04-17-2012 11:00 AM

Hello and welcome to TFK

willow 04-21-2012 04:29 PM

hello and welcome. :-D