Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
- - Help: Platy clamped fins, stays at top of tank, skinny.. (pics included) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/help-platy-clamped-fins-stays-top-98338/)
Help: Platy clamped fins, stays at top of tank, skinny.. (pics included)
1. Size of tank? 10 gallons
2. Water parameters Not tested lately
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
3. Temperature? 78 degrees f
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? one month
6. What fish do you have? 3 female mickey mouse platy 3 GloFishHow many are in your tank? Total of 6 How big are they? Platy are 1 1/2- 2 inches each and GloFish are about 1 inch each How long have you had them? Platys-3 weeks, GloFish-1 week
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? yes
8. a. Any live plants? yes Fake plants? yes
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? one wood hollow decor
9. a. Filtration? yes
b. Heater? yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? yes What lights are used? florescent 30 watts total
b. Any sunlight exposure? a little from window How long? as long as the sun is out
11. a. Water change schedule? Once a week
b. Volume of water changed? 25%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap
d. Water conditioner used? yes
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? once a month
How often are they fed? twice a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? clamped fins, skinny, stays at top corner of tank where plants are, when she does swim around it is irregular and jumpy.
b. Appearance of poop? not sure
c. Appearance of gills? normal I think, see pictures
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? no
b. What meds were used? n/a
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
*She is the orange platy that looks skinny*
Okay, well the first problem is that you haven't had your water tested. Please do so. The ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels of your tank are important.
Has she had a drop of fry in the last two days?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.