Large white spot under eye
My dwarf gourami has developed a large white spot under his eye. This spot (only one) is as big as his eye. It is not small white spots that you normally would see with ich. I was wondering if anyone could please help and identify?
1. Size of tank? 29 gallon
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0 ppm
b. Nitrite? 0 ppm
c. Nitrate? 20 ppm
d. pH, KH and GH? Ph-7.6 KH & GH-12
e. Test kit? API
3. Temperature? 78
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 8 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
8 Mollies 4 Julii Cories 3 Guppies 1 Dwarf Gourami
All fish are about 2 inches and have been in tank for 6 months minimum
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
No new fish added for 6 months
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Live plants-heavily planted
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel substrate
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Plastic imitation driftwood
9. a. Filtration? Rena XP2 with purigen and filter floss only
b. Heater? 200w
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 4.5 hours on 4 off 4.5 hours on 1 t5HO 18w
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No direct sunlight
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed? 35 to 50%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? ½ tap water and ½ ro water
d. Water conditioner used? Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Vacuumed at every water change
12. Foods? Flake foods/ frozen blood worms
How often are they fed? Twice per day for flakes/once per week after water changes for blood worms
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Breathing air at top of tank
b. Appearance of poop? Not sure
c. Appearance of gills? normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No
b. What meds were used?
I guess nobody has seen this before?
The white spot is actually the reddish area in the picture.
The white spot closer to his mouth is reflection from the camera flash.
It looks like fungus.
The gourami is a anabantid and it is normal for they to breath air every few minutes.
Tetra fungustop works really good.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.