Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   New to Sumatra Wood. Need help putting pieces together. (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/new-sumatra-wood-need-help-putting-97578/)

Welsh 03-31-2012 02:25 PM

New to Sumatra Wood. Need help putting pieces together.

Hi. I'm new to sumatra wood aquascaping and was wondering if anyone could help me put 2 pieces of the wood together, to get an interesting centrepiece for anubia's, moss, crypts, etc.

I'm interested in the 'Sumatra Wood - Nano B2' in the link below, Should I leave it as that, or add another piece from the page?

Sumatra Wood | Buy Sumatra Wood Online

Byron 03-31-2012 07:42 PM

I've not seen this around me, I would love to get some of those. I didn't check their info, are the photos accurate as to what you actually get? In NA online, most wood comes "similar" to the photos, as every piece is different.

The Nano B5 and B14 are interesting too. I think you could do something with any of these three, depending upon their size and your tank size.

Byron.

Welsh 04-02-2012 07:25 AM

I've struggled to find it in shops around me, it's always either out of stock, or they've never heard of it lol.

Well, the info tells me that the picture is the exact same piece I will receive, which I haven't seen online before. B5 is another I was debating on buying, I think they would make for an interesting centerpiece :)

I also purchased some Staurogyne repens, as I've seen this make a fabulous carpet, but I was just wondering, even though its for brighter light aquariums, could this carpet in a lower lit tank?

Thanks for your help :)

Byron 04-02-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welsh (Post 1033124)
I've struggled to find it in shops around me, it's always either out of stock, or they've never heard of it lol.

Well, the info tells me that the picture is the exact same piece I will receive, which I haven't seen online before. B5 is another I was debating on buying, I think they would make for an interesting centerpiece :)

I also purchased some Staurogyne repens, as I've seen this make a fabulous carpet, but I was just wondering, even though its for brighter light aquariums, could this carpet in a lower lit tank?

Thanks for your help :)

Not having tried that plant i can't say. The light guidelines for plants should usually be taken as very general, and different environments can result in success even though the light may not be the "suggested." Most of us will try a plant, and if it does well, fine; if not, forget it and move on to another. I have done this a lot over my 20 years of planted tanks, and today I tend to stay with what always works in my situation.