Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   I just got a free tank!!! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/i-just-got-free-tank-97563/)

Jayy 03-31-2012 10:47 AM

I just got a free tank!!!

I'm super excited right now!! I just made an agreement with my grandma, my 35 gal for her tank. It's just been sitting around collecting dust. The tank was given to her from my aunt, who didn't want it, thing is it's was given to my aunt from someone else lol. Atfirst I thought it was a 40 breeder, but it looks bigger. It's going to be planted all the way. Any ideas for this FREE tank.

Termato 03-31-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayy (Post 1030992)
I'm super excited right now!! I just made an agreement with my grandma, my 35 gal for her tank. It's just been sitting around collecting dust. The tank was given to her from my aunt, who didn't want it, thing is it's was given to my aunt from someone else lol. Atfirst I thought it was a 40 breeder, but it looks bigger. It's going to be planted all the way. Any ideas for this FREE tank.

Is it 36x18x16? That would be a breeder.

That is awesome!!! :)

Jayy 03-31-2012 11:37 AM

I'll check. Any ideas for fish?

Christople 03-31-2012 11:45 AM

German Blue Rams, Pelvicachromis Taeniatus, any dwarf cichlids make a tank come out IMO.

Termato 03-31-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christople (Post 1031029)
German Blue Rams, Pelvicachromis Taeniatus, any dwarf cichlids make a tank come out IMO.

Do that with some panda corys or spotted corys. throw a nice species or shoaling fish and you have a beauty!

Jayy 03-31-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Termato (Post 1031043)
Do that with some panda corys or spotted corys. throw a nice species or shoaling fish and you have a beauty!

Thanks, but I'm already doing pandas in my 55.

SomeDudeAtHome 03-31-2012 01:20 PM

I'll give you $5 instant profit :lol: My uncle just gave me a 5g for free that's gonna house another beta!

Philnominal 03-31-2012 02:08 PM

I'd go Apisto harem of some type, and big schools of small fish. Maybe hatchets for up top and cherry barbs for mid water?

What about loaches for the bottom? Zebra, angelicus kuhli come to mind.
Something like this would be nice in a planted tank.

Jayy 03-31-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philnominal (Post 1031197)
I'd go Apisto harem of some type, and big schools of small fish. Maybe hatchets for up top and cherry barbs for mid water?

What about loaches for the bottom? Zebra, angelicus kuhli come to mind.
Something like this would be nice in a planted tank.

Wow thanks! That would be a great setup.

Philnominal 03-31-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayy (Post 1031258)
Wow thanks! That would be a great setup.

Np, Other options like dwarf rainbowfish smaller danios and what not come to mind for top water.

(I slightly enjoy planning stocking lists) I needed a break from Math Homework so I threw another list together, Though I am not sure how well the apistos would react to larger dithers as i have not kept them myself.