Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   I'm New... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/im-new-97344/)

ScarletFyre 03-29-2012 09:25 AM

I'm New...

...to this forum AND to fishkeeping.

I grew up with my parents keeping tropical fish, (they have been keeping them since before I was born - and used to compete) and my brother started a few years ago, so I have some good resources...always looking for more information though!! :-)

I have a 10 gallon that I started on March 17th. It's mostly Danios, but there are a few small cats, guppies and a dwarf guarami as well. (i am also a photographer, so i want to try and get some good pictures to post - but Danios are quite a challenge to photograph!!!)

I even keep a notebook with information I learn, test results, when and where I buy my fish, and anything notable. I find that is the best way with something I am pretty new at - and again it helps that I can call, text or even coherse into coming over my family to check out my tank.

I am finding that keeping these fish is addicting. Both my fiance and myself sit infront of the tank just watching the fish...I find this more enjoyable than TV. :lol:

I am hoping to be able to find some more fishkeepers and maybe pick your brains too!:nicefish:Or just chat about fish!

Suzi :wave:

Savannah 03-29-2012 01:40 PM

Welcome to the fourm Suzi !My name is Savannah and I also have a 10 gallon tank with a dwarf gourami,killifish and soon getting some sparkling gouramis.That is realy cool that you are going to photograph your fish and I look foward to seeing the pictures. I hope you enjoy the fourm and if your looking for another fourm to post on I also am on theplantedtank.net (If your interested I would suggest that you type it on google first becaues for some reason It never works for me on my regular seach bar)

Exterrestrial 03-29-2012 02:41 PM

Welcome!!
I got into fish also, and I love photography!

My parents are really into fish also, but they've only ever had salt water tanks. I first got a 1g, then 3g, next 20, now 55gs. (: I love it so much and I could probably write a book the size of a dictionary on everything I've learned.

Savannah; Killifish? I love them! Sadly, no one in my area sells them, and I'm too paranoid to get them shipped.

I'd love to see pictures of both of your tanks!

ScarletFyre 03-29-2012 07:04 PM

Killfish sound neat! Ill have to look them up...curious what they look like!

My brother has a 29g, a 55 g and a 2.5 I think. Mini puffers in the 2.5, oacars ans electric blue jack dempsy in the 55, rams on the 29.

My parents have 6 tanks between the two if them

Mine is on a short stand...I can sit on.the floor and watch them. I think im going to buy s bean bag chair so I can just sit and watch :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

BarbH 03-30-2012 02:51 AM

Hello and welcome to tfk

Romad 03-30-2012 06:34 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: We're looking forward to your fishy pictures.

ScarletFyre 03-30-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbH (Post 1029607)
Hello and welcome to tfk

I'm glad I am not the only one with that issue with my smartphone - you can def tell the difference when I am typing using the PC vs my smartphone. :-)

willow 03-30-2012 04:33 PM

hello and welcome. :-D

ScarletFyre 03-31-2012 04:04 PM

Thank you for the welcome! :-)

fish joey 04-03-2012 07:58 PM

Welcome to TFK :-D