- Nano Reef (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/nano-reef/)
- - New to SW (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/nano-reef/new-sw-97056/)
New to SW
Hello. Last time I was here I had a 120 gallon tank..... I was scared off on trying to set it up so I sold it for 400 dollars. Ever since then I've had the urge of a new tank. Well, one week ago today I bought a complete 24 gallon jbj nano tank. When I say "complete" I mean fish, live rock, coral and all. I am totally new to this and have several questions. I'm sure you guys will ask me questions to better answer my questions and I'll do the best I can by providing the best information possible.
I currently have one (nemo) clownfish, one tomato clownfish, one damsel (solid blue about 2-3 inchs long), one serpent star, two eels (black and yellow striped) and a bunch of crabs, snails and one sea urchin (maintenance crew).
Here are my questions..
1. Should the pump be on all day? Or should it be on a timer?
2. How long should the hood lights be on for?
3. How often should I feed the fish?
4. I just did a water test today and these were my results.
Nitrite - 0
Amonia - 0
Ph - 8.0
Salt between 1.021-1.022
What else should I test for? Does my water chemistry look good (besides the low ph).
5. Am I at my limit with fish in the tank?
6. I want to add more coral to my tank. What is best for what I have going on?
Corals currently in my tank are:
Polyps ( brown tubes with a quarter sized disk at the top with tentacles)
Leather Coral ( light brow color with several tiny branches on each arm)
Some type of mushroom (brown with neon green color) only one half dollar sized coral.
7. What should I look for to make sure my tank remains safe?
8 also, I have a couple more coral that I need help identifying. I'll take pictures soon and post on here. Thanks for reading all this!
Fish ID and recommended tank sizes.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Snowflake Eel
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Reef Aquariums: Tomato Clownfish
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Damselfish
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Ocellaris Clownfish
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.