Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Stocking my new 29G tank (All ideas are welcome) (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/stocking-my-new-29g-tank-all-96955/)

AndrewM21 03-24-2012 08:42 PM

Stocking my new 29G tank (All ideas are welcome)
 
I haven't yet decided what I want to use this my 29G tank for so here I am to ask the community what their ideas are.

I have no personal preferences as far as community/aggressive/etc.

I want to hear the most exotic setups/ideas the community has to offer. I am open to all ideas.

PS: I prefer a planted aquarium.

GwenInNM 03-24-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewM21 (Post 1023647)
I haven't yet decided what I want to use this my 29G tank for so here I am to ask the community what their ideas are.

I have no personal preferences as far as community/aggressive/etc.

I want to hear the most exotic setups/ideas the community has to offer. I am open to all ideas.

PS: I prefer a planted aquarium.


You could keep 2 german blue rams (need a lower ph) and a school of some type of dither fish. I was keeping Cardinal tetras, but a group of 5-6 Hatchet fish are nice or black neon tetras. German Rams are very pretty. :)

Gwen

AndrewM21 03-24-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GwenInNM (Post 1023658)

You could keep 2 german blue rams (need a lower ph) and a school of some type of dither fish. I was keeping Cardinal tetras, but a group of 5-6 Hatchet fish are nice or black neon tetras. German Rams are very pretty. :)

Gwen

I agree, the rams are beautiful fish. I suppose I could do a group of Tiger Barbs with the rams?

GwenInNM 03-25-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewM21 (Post 1023692)
I agree, the rams are beautiful fish. I suppose I could do a group of Tiger Barbs with the rams?


Tiger barbs. No. If you're new to fish keeping you should probably start with easier fish to keep, which does leave German Rams out. Tiger barbs have different water requirements, and also they are somewhat aggressive. I would not put them with GBR.

If you like Tiger barbs, read the fish profiles here about them. You could keep a nice group of them, along with some bottom fish, like loaches.

This may be a good way to go on your tank. Both loaches and Tiger barbs are pretty hearty fish. There are many cute loach varieties, including the kulhli loach.

Gwen

Tazman 03-25-2012 08:54 AM

Tank is too small for all cichlids except shell dwellers which rules them.

Agree that Tiger Barbs and loaches would go well in a planted tank.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2