Tropical Fish Keeping banner

I was mistaken as a thief!!!!

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Lildex 
#1 ·
Hi a couple days ago i went off to my local petstore to pick up fish food when i entered the store i did not notice there was a gang of punks that entered the store the same time I did(walked through the door at the same time) I walked to the fish food and so did they, I thought they where normal shoppers... I was wrong. I knelt down to see a tetra brand food and held it close to my chest reading the ingredients, I did not notice the punks were stuffing their jackets with food right next to me the manager kicked them out and banned them for life... Then he saw me I was stunned and sweeting looking at them and was holding the food close to my chest, to the manager He thought i was going to put in in the inside of my jacket and walk off with them(If they did not get caught) So he stripped my gold discount card(The card was 25 bucks) Took my picture off the best customers wall and put it on the "Banned people" wall. I was about to cry ( because I was a great customer if you read above) And he kicked me out I asked "how long am I banned Sir?" He said "I think you know" And I looked at him in a confused face "For life ya little punk" He said. I tried to explain but he said "Shut up I hate teenagers that whine" And i said "teenager?" He said "your 17 right?" and before i could answer He slammed the door on me! I was going to say i was only 14 but it was too late... Banned from the store... stripped of my gold discount card(Without any of my money back)... and being accused for stealing... What should I do?:cry:

See less See more
#2 ·
What a horrible story!!! That is so totally not fair. If it were me. . . I would honestly wait a day or two, calm down, and write a very polite letter explaining what happened, why you feel you were treated unfairly, and explaining exactly how you are an asset to the store - include information about the tank(s) you have and what things you have purchased in the past. Mail it directly to the owner, if possible, and if not address it to management in general. Give it a week or so, and if you haven't heard back - call. E-mail is also an option. . . either way, I doubt a punk kid would bother to go to the trouble. I'm not sure if your card would have a record on it of purchases you've made with them somehow, but if so - ask them to look it up!

Either way. . . after being treated like this, I'm not so sure I'd even WANT to return! Though I would still want my money back on the card!

Good luck! I'm really infuriated for you!

#3 ·
Thanks ill try to do that (I changed my store Big als)

#4 ·
YESSSS they mailed my 25 bucks back!!!!.... oh.... it still has that coffee stain.... xD

#5 ·
That sucks, That fish store actually has a ""banned" wall of photos? Geeezz thats messed up. Find yourself a new shop that will treat you like the quality customer you are. Also take this as a life lesson, we are often judged by the people we have around us, I know you werent with that group but thats the way you were seen, as wrong as that was.

#6 ·
take this as a life lesson, we are often judged by the people we have around us, I know you werent with that group but thats the way you were seen, as wrong as that was.

Soo true man I will remember those words.

#7 ·
meh Just saw your comment about getting your money back. You can just forget about going to that store, I wouldn't shop at a place where they don't even recognize you.

Reactions: Termato and Adamson
#8 ·
Hey50Galkid. Sorry to hear of your LFS troubles. Please tell me it was NOT Big Al's Whitby that did this!! Have you talked to your parents about it? Maybe they can help you to resolve this.
I agree tho... not sure that I could shop at a store that treated me so terribly. Good luck.

#9 ·
Hey50Galkid.. Please tell me it was NOT Big Al's Whitby that did this!!.
No it was not, I LOVE big als I went to get some fish food that said $5.99 but they sold it to me for $3.99 the other fish store was $9.99 plus tax it was $12.78! Since I went to Big als i now know that my lfs was ripping people OFF!!!

#10 · (Edited)
me personally i would avoid this store. the conditions of animals stores keep them in is a guarentee i wont shop there but if an employee or manager wants to harass me while i shop, they will not get my money either and i will gladly give it to any of their competition doing a better job. it sucks loosing your "home LFS" or "go-to LFS" but there are better people in the world for you to have to deal with this group. put it this way, they are loosing a great customer- not you loosing them. there are plenty of fish places to work with and if we carefully offer our business to better the ones doing things the right way we will only better our hobby ( this can go for shopping in general.. you dont have to one stop shop walmart which hurts our economy even more but thats another story lol )

guess im alittle fish crazy, ill drive out of state to a fish store just because the ones in my city stink or their employees do ( i can not expect marine biologists but they can atleast offer proper training to their staff, doesnt take rocket science degrees to preform water changes or walk dogs )

#12 ·
Like Camry said, if your picture is on the wall as a respected customer and this happened, I would never go back.
I would almost go in there and give your card back and ask for your $25. Tell them you were treated unfairly and will not be coming back, therefor do not need this card.

And where do you live where they need to have a picture list of banned people? Damn.

#13 ·
Your fish store sells people snacks?
If your story is true and your picture is on a wall of banned customers, you should get your parents involved.
If you were my son, we'd go down there and speak to the manager. I'd politely tell him that you were unjustly accused. You did not leave the store with any merchandise and if he does not remove your picture from the wall, I was fully prepared to sue him for defamation of character. I'd tell him he'd lose and ask him if he really wants all the bad press I'd be sure that he'll get.
Of course son, your story needs to be true.

#14 ·
I agree.

#15 ·
Hang in there.. life has a funny way of keeping things fair. I would write a letter to the owner of the pet store explaining that situation. It has been my experience that calm reasoning can fix issues like this. If they are not willing to be kind and courteous, perhaps another store would be best anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.