Tropical Fish Keeping banner

46G Bowfront

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Lupin 
#1 ·
I will be transferring to a larger tank (46G bow) probralby on thursday........right now I have a 20 Hex with 1 Rainbow Shark (I think, it has a black body and red fins and tail) and 2 tiger barbs...........
what else can I stock the new tank with........I was thinking clown loaches and angel fish, but im not sure what else if any.............

thanks.......
Robb

#2 ·
TrashmanNYC said:
I will be transferring to a larger tank (46G bow) probralby on thursday........right now I have a 20 Hex with 1 Rainbow Shark (I think, it has a black body and red fins and tail) and 2 tiger barbs...........
what else can I stock the new tank with........I was thinking clown loaches and angel fish, but im not sure what else if any.............

thanks.......
Robb
Clown loaches-Best to avoid them. There are better options than clowns which despite being slow growers will reach 10 inches and more in a few years. You don't know for sure if you plan to upgrade.

Angelfish-Not compatible with tiger barbs.

My suggestion would be avoid long-finned species and add more tiger barbs along with some danios and rasboras. For loaches, try Botia striata or Botia dario.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.