Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Freshwater Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/)
-   -   Slime in filter? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-freshwater-aquarium/slime-filter-9589/)

Little-Fizz 11-27-2007 06:22 AM

Slime in filter?

Lately I've been having problems in my ten gallon, for some reason I keep getting this slimey stuff accumulating in the filter. It's effecting the water flow, I've cleaning out the intake like three times but it keeps happening. Water levels are good and the fish look healthy but I'm worried that over time it may cause some problems. Does anyone have any idea on what it is? :? I will try and post some picture a little later but I don't have time right now. It's like white a really thick, at first it was just in the intake and now its comming out of it... Gross.

Lupin 11-27-2007 08:20 AM

Re: Slime in filter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little-Fizz
Lately I've been having problems in my ten gallon, for some reason I keep getting this slimey stuff accumulating in the filter. It's effecting the water flow, I've cleaning out the intake like three times but it keeps happening. Water levels are good and the fish look healthy but I'm worried that over time it may cause some problems. Does anyone have any idea on what it is? :? I will try and post some picture a little later but I don't have time right now. It's like white a really thick, at first it was just in the intake and now its comming out of it... Gross.

Hmmm...What water conditioner are you using? This could be the suspect. Are you dosing more than what is instructed for?

Little-Fizz 11-27-2007 10:31 AM

Re: Slime in filter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little-Fizz

Hmmm...What water conditioner are you using? This could be the suspect. Are you dosing more than what is instructed for?

I use chlorx change by like nutrafin I guess. I've used this forever. You do one drop per U.S gallon. I measure the water every time and make sure it's exactly the same temperature as the tank. I just got in so I'll see what I can do about pictures but my computers having some serious issues and I don't know if I can hook the camera up to it.