Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Planted Aquarium (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/)
-   -   need Pygmy chain sword (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-planted-aquarium/need-pygmy-chain-sword-95413/)

debit202 03-06-2012 08:29 PM

need Pygmy chain sword

I'm looking for some pygy chain swords- I can't find any in my lfs. I live in Seattle WA Does any one live close to me that could send me some? Costs to ship via the internet are prohibitive- please lett me know here or by PM Thanks in advance for your help- if you have any other ideas-pleasw let me know that too!

TwinDad 03-07-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debit202 (Post 1005472)
I'm looking for some pygy chain swords- I can't find any in my lfs. I live in Seattle WA Does any one live close to me that could send me some? Costs to ship via the internet are prohibitive- please lett me know here or by PM Thanks in advance for your help- if you have any other ideas-pleasw let me know that too!

I am a fellow Seattle area person who is looking for the same thing. What LFS places have you tried?

I've seen them at several places on the internet, but like you $14 is a bit hard to swallow.

I know the Puget Sound area has a aquatic club that holds plant auctions every month, but I have not attended to say what they sell.

debit202 03-07-2012 07:24 PM

I've tried "the fish store" on roosevelt, blue sierra in issaquah- and called a few others with no luck.-- what aquatic club and how do you find about it or the sale? Could be the way to go-

TwinDad 03-08-2012 10:07 AM

Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (I had to google it I didn't remember the name).

The have auctions it seems monthly. I have never attended. If anybody has I would love to hear about the experience.

Greater Seattle Aquarium Society: Auctions

Byron 03-08-2012 11:14 AM

If you can come up to Vancouver I'll give you a pail of both species of pygmy chain sword.:lol:

I will no longer send plants to the USA because of the customs and other delays at the border; they frequently don't make it alive.

The Wet Spot fish store in Portland, Oregon may have or be able to get this plant.

Byron.

TwinDad 03-08-2012 02:24 PM

I would almost take you up on that offer just to see those tanks live.

I have to renew my passport now that I think about it.

Also the 200 mile one way drive :)

Thank you for a kind offer.

SomeDudeAtHome 03-08-2012 07:51 PM

My LFS usually has some stocked. If you would like I could buy some and ship it to you. All you'd have to pay is the price of the plant and shipping.

debit202 03-08-2012 08:06 PM

sweet offers- both of them ! I think I will try to catch the auction- surely someone in Seattle has a source!

beetlebz 03-11-2012 11:19 PM

If you wait till it gets warm I can mail some (if mine takes off, just planted it yesterday). Once its warm a ziplock bag and wet paper towel usually does just fine through the regular snail mail.

debit202 03-12-2012 08:14 AM

Beetlbz-
Thank you for the generous offer and I will tale you up on it!