From unstructured betta puddle to fully planted, cycled 10g.
This is the project my son and I are working on. We started with the 10gal tank our betta (Bishes) was housed in. The water was pretty much tea from the tannins leached from banana leaves. Basically we had it set up to be an Indonesian puddle and did 50% water changes semi-regularly. Not a lot of fun though for a 5 year old, since he can't see the fish very well. So we're making the transition over to a tropical freshwater live plant tank and will be hatching some killifish, as well as adding a few others as time, space and such allow. Here's what we started and where it's at right now. Time for a water change and it's still not ready for fishies though.
The Arrowhead are now facing straight up toward the overhead light instead of sulking in the water, and most of the plants are bushing out a bit more now that they realize they have the space.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.