Help, im lost :(. Disease but which one?
Hi. I've asked on here before and came to conclusion my angelfish had parasite, since then I've sent of for parasite medication but recently he's started showing different symptoms :(. I've gone from thinking he has external parasites, to dropsy to now Camallanus? Can I have your opinion on what you think it is. These are his symptoms. Bloated belly, flashing rubbing, red gills, nose on the side on tank almostbutting in then rubbing up against it and sticking nose above water level, wanting to eat but spitting it out and recently I've seen a red thing coming out of his anal area? That's what led me to Camallanus. I'm confused. The rubbing and flashing, bloated tummy led me to external parasite. The not eating and tummy as a site said it will be filled with fluid made me think dropsy. Now the worms make me think Camallanus. I want to act fast. As of now he's kind of putting his belly up against the back of the tank and acting weird. :(
Update: I've just inspected where he's been rubbing and there's eggs there. She/he is eating them :/ ahh? What do I do? Is his symptoms because of this or is this just a coincidence?
Hello? Help please:(
Hi Kadieradcliffe! I don't know too much about angelfish, but here is the form that we have all members with disease problems fill out:
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
If you could just answer as many of those as you can, I'm sure the experts would be grateful!
1. Size of tank? 11 gallons.
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 0
d. pH, KH and GH? PH 7.2, KH 50, GH 50.
e. Test kit? King british, 6 in 1 Water test strips.
3. Temperature? 30c
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? Little over a year.
6. What fish do you have? Angelfish. How many are in your tank? How big are they? 1 How long have you had them? Little over a year.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? 1 fake plant.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel.
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? No
9. a. Filtration? No
b. Heater? Yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? The lights are normally on all day, but as to not stress him out I've kept them off.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
He/she panics when the sun comes up so I have curtains.
11. a. Water change schedule? Every other day.
b. Volume of water changed? 50%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Interpet Fresh Start
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? 50%
12. Foods? Mix of daphina, flakes and bloodworms.
How often are they fed? 10am and 10pm everyday.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Bloated belly, flashing rubbing, red gills, nose on the side on tank almostbutting in then rubbing up against it and sticking nose above water level, wanting to eat but spitting it out and recently I've seen a red thing coming out of his anal area?
b. Appearance of poop? He hasn't pooped in a long time.
c. Appearance of gills? Red
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? He's been in for months now. I've been through Anti white spot, Methlyne Blue, Anti-Internal bacteria and today he's on the first dose of QuICK Cure.
b. What meds were used? ^
Sometimes it won't let me upload pictures. But I will try.
I might not have read that right, but it looks like you don't have a filter? You really really really need a filter. Also, most of the people on here will tell you that test strips aren't as accurate as liquid kits. You can get the API master test kit on amazon for around $25 and it will last you forever.
Also, I wouldn't worry about feeding it twice a day. Fish don't get hungry in the same way humans do. They are cold-blooded and don't need food to keep their body temperature up like warm-blooded animals. Fish just eat everything they see.
Your tank also isn't big enough for an angelfish. An angelfish should have a tall 27+ gallon tank. Your water changes are too frequent as well. You should only be doing that large of a water change once a week.
1. Buy some stressguard and give it to him per instructions.
2. Cut down on the feedings to once a day.
3. Buy a filter!
Actually, that water change schedule will work, until you get a filter and the tank is cycled. Maybe spread it out to 25% per day.
I agree with the other tips, cut down on the feeding. I would bet it's an ammonia issue (with some secondary problems related to the high ammonia).
Temp's a little high... 86 degrees F is a little high for an angel.
Treat the ammonia first
(filtration is a must, bigger tank would be a plus)
Then we need a picture to diagnose any possible problems.
STOP dosing your tank with meds. your fish could just as easily be showing symptoms of poisoning... Those meds are pretty powerful. Esp. the meth. blue.
If you have trouble with pictures, google the term "free image hosting", and submit there image there. Then post the link here.
These are things you've been told before. I have told you, and others have told you. Asking the same questions again and again won't change what you need to do for this fish. I appreciate that you're trying to help this fish, but you're not following the advice you've been given in order to help her. Disease is a secondary problem, it is being caused by poor living conditions. You could throw all the meds in the world at this fish, and she will not be healthy until you've fixed her living situation.
For a bigger temporary tank (while you're saving up money to buy a bigger aquarium, at least 30 gallons) you can use a large, clean plastic storage bin. Make sure it has never held or be cleaned with any liquids or chemicals before.
A filter is a must. Get an appropriately sized filter immediately. You can use this on the large plastic storage bin until you get an appropriately sized aquarium (>30 gallons).
Lower the temp to 75 degrees F. A lower temp will lower her metabolism, which helps her produce less waste, which keeps her water cleaner.
Feed her once a day, and sparingly. Fewer and lighter feedings will help her produce less waste, which keeps her water cleaner.
Keep doing 50% water changes everyday until you have her in an appropriately sized tank that is fully cycled, then do 50% water changes every week.
You can check local classifieds to get equipment cheap. Some stores carry used equipment cheap.
Stop using medications. As mentioned, medications can be quite toxic when used inappropriately, or when mixed with other medications. Inappropriate use of medications can also cause "super bugs", which means bacteria and parasites that are resistant to medications. Please fix her living conditions first, and then IF there are any diseases left to treat, we can help you find the correct one and correct usage BEFORE you dose it.
If you can't fix her living conditions, then another conversation must be had. Good luck!
Thankyou everyone else! I will try to post a picture to that site and post the link here as soon as I can. As for the meds it was just panic buying as I didn't want him to die. He just seems unhappy all the time and I don't know what to do to help him. I will try to buy the storage thing soon. As for MinaMinaMina you just seem to go out of your way to blast me to make urself look good. Please stop commenting on my posts thankyou.
Posted via Mobile Device
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2