Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Tropical Fish Diseases (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/)
-   -   Fish looks like he may be infected! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/tropical-fish-diseases/fish-looks-like-he-may-infected-94527/)

FishRook2012 02-26-2012 11:27 PM

Fish looks like he may be infected!

2 Attachment(s)
Hello Experts!

Another quick question for you all. Simple as always. I have a 10 gallon tank, I cannot remember the name of this fish I am asking you all about but I am sure you will be able to tell right away. It is just a simple Tropical Community Fish. I attached the image in this thread.

If you look closely, you will see the two fish that are the same. Lava Color almost. They look like little Parana. The one in the back seems to be healthy, but the one closest to the camera has black marks on its side and has a blister like thing on the tip of his face almost to the top.

P.S. Even the back tales are different. the healthy one has a healthy rich color to his back fin, and the one near the camera has almost spotty color to it.
Thanks!!!!;-)

Romad 02-27-2012 07:30 AM

Those are serpae tetra. I have a few myself and yours look pretty normal to me. Fish, like people have unique qualities to them.

Unless you see signs of rot on the fins (black jagged edges) or other lesions or fuzziness on your fish, I wouldn't worry.

Having said that, I noticed that you've got a lot of gadgets in your tank. I would be worried about that shot glass paint breaking down and possibly harming your fish. Did you clear coat the objects in the tank with aquarium safe coating?

fish monger 02-27-2012 07:42 AM

I agree with Romad. Plus, we all change as we get older:( Just be observant to changes as you go about your daily maintenance.

FishRook2012 02-27-2012 02:32 PM

Thanks for the information!

The only signs I see are the Black scars on the Fish closest to the camera. If you look closely you will see black on it. Also, you cant see it in the image, but there are blisters on top of its head. From the side if I look closely, I can see that the tops of the blisters are a bit white.

Similar but not as Severe as this one:

Redirect Notice

I see a bit of white fuzz but not too much. Just on his head. I havent put the coating on the glass, but have used the items for over a year and had no issues that I know of.

Inga 02-27-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 995460)

Having said that, I noticed that you've got a lot of gadgets in your tank. I would be worried about that shot glass paint breaking down and possibly harming your fish. Did you clear coat the objects in the tank with aquarium safe coating?

Agreed. I would however be curious to see a photo of the whole tank to see how they are all laid out. It seems an interesting decor.

FishRook2012 02-27-2012 04:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
;-)

Inga 02-27-2012 07:07 PM

It has the look of a river or body of water that is heavily littered. That isn't a metal bowl on the right side? I wouldn't put anything with any metal as that can leach into the water and be an issue. What is that net, box thing that seems to be floating at the top?

FishRook2012 02-27-2012 10:28 PM

No metal in my tank. The background when you look directly in it is a photo of a bunch of high potency cannabis flowers. The pot that is in there, I bought from the fish store, the plants are all fake, but I purchased them from the pet store. There is a medicinal cannabis bong stem in there and no, it isn't sharp at the edges. The net box is where I have my baby Dalmatian Mollie. It is the only natural survivor of the FRY that the mother (without me knowing) gave birth to. It is about the size of a large tic tac.

FishRook2012 02-27-2012 10:44 PM

Photos of the net

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the survivor.