Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Other Pet Memorials (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/other-pet-memorials/)
-   -   R.i.p gus (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/other-pet-memorials/r-i-p-gus-94370/)

kadieradcliffe 02-25-2012 06:20 PM

R.i.p gus

Gus was bought on the 11th of June for my boyfriend as it was his birthday. I loved him the second I saw him, he was a beautiful grey/brown colour :). He was so playful and the most kindest hamster I could ever ask for. One day in January 2012 we had him out playing with him and discovered a lump inside his left ear, we phoned the vets and by the time we got an appointment he had developed another one :(, we later found of it was skin tumours:(. we had the option of surgery but he was so small and timid he wouldn't of made it. On the 20th of February at 5:30pm Gus was put to sleep :'( . We saved his chew toy and his little house. We miss you so much :( We love you :( I hope you're at peace and not in pain anymore ?

GwenInNM 02-25-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadieradcliffe (Post 993692)
Gus was bought on the 11th of June for my boyfriend as it was his birthday. I loved him the second I saw him, he was a beautiful grey/brown colour :). He was so playful and the most kindest hamster I could ever ask for. One day in January 2012 we had him out playing with him and discovered a lump inside his left ear, we phoned the vets and by the time we got an appointment he had developed another one :(, we later found of it was skin tumours:(. we had the option of surgery but he was so small and timid he wouldn't of made it. On the 20th of February at 5:30pm Gus was put to sleep :'( . We saved his chew toy and his little house. We miss you so much :( We love you :( I hope you're at peace and not in pain anymore ?

Aww. What a lucky guy to have a good home while he was alive. We had a rat that developed tumors, and she also died, and died very quickly. Rodents are quite suceptible to this kind of thing. I'm sorry for your loss :(

Gwen

kadieradcliffe 02-26-2012 04:32 PM

Thankyou :) R
.I.P to your rat :(

Termato 03-08-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadieradcliffe (Post 994725)
Thankyou :) R
.I.P to your rat :(

Sorry for your loss :(

I had a baby platy that just died named gus :(

poor gus.

Romad 03-08-2012 02:54 PM

Sorry to hear about Gus the hammy and Gus the platy.

Hammy Gus sounds like he was adorable. I'm glad he didn't suffer.

Termato 03-08-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 1007228)
Sorry to hear about Gus the hammy and Gus the platy.

Hammy Gus sounds like he was adorable. I'm glad he didn't suffer.

I think Gus the platy got sucked by the filter when I was removing a Gourami. :(

He was a little too big to be eaten by the other fish...My platys are pregnant again so I will have more fry coming soon :)

kadieradcliffe 03-08-2012 07:31 PM

Thankyou Romad :)
And Termato rip to your gus :(