Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Livebearers (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/)
-   -   Balloon Molly hurt bloody? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/livebearers/balloon-molly-hurt-bloody-94091/)

deedeem15 02-22-2012 02:35 PM

Balloon Molly hurt bloody?

I have a 20 gallon with balloon mollies and when I was siphoning my tank this morning and I walked away for a minute and one of my balloon mollies got sucked inside! I was able to get him out but now he has a red (almost bloody?) mark on his head.
~~Tank background Info~~
My tank right now seems to be falling apart, I've had several fish die. My tank was fine until I purchased a new fish from Petsmart, (I normally only get my fish from a lfs). Anyways since then my fish have gotten an Internal parasite (They have whitish and clear feces) and 2 of them have died, even though I did my best to treat it. Also, all of my fish have Ick too! 1 of my clown loaches died this morning :(
SO, I'm trying to treat my fish for both IP and Ick and now my male Balloon molly is hurt. I was wondering has anybody else had a balloon molly get hurt (bloody/red marks) and heal? And should I treat him differently?
As far as treatments have gone for the IP I have been using Jungle parasite clear tabs and feeding my fish peas every other day.
And for Ick I have been using Jungle Ick tabs as well.
I also do partial water changes and I also have put in Aquarium salt as well as raise my temperature.
Any advice/ experience with a hurt balloon molly would be helpful thank you!

Termato 02-22-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedeem15 (Post 990297)
I have a 20 gallon with balloon mollies and when I was siphoning my tank this morning and I walked away for a minute and one of my balloon mollies got sucked inside! I was able to get him out but now he has a red (almost bloody?) mark on his head.
~~Tank background Info~~
My tank right now seems to be falling apart, I've had several fish die. My tank was fine until I purchased a new fish from Petsmart, (I normally only get my fish from a lfs). Anyways since then my fish have gotten an Internal parasite (They have whitish and clear feces) and 2 of them have died, even though I did my best to treat it. Also, all of my fish have Ick too! 1 of my clown loaches died this morning :(
SO, I'm trying to treat my fish for both IP and Ick and now my male Balloon molly is hurt. I was wondering has anybody else had a balloon molly get hurt (bloody/red marks) and heal? And should I treat him differently?
As far as treatments have gone for the IP I have been using Jungle parasite clear tabs and feeding my fish peas every other day.
And for Ick I have been using Jungle Ick tabs as well.
I also do partial water changes and I also have put in Aquarium salt as well as raise my temperature.
Any advice/ experience with a hurt balloon molly would be helpful thank you!

Sounds like internal bleeding. Is he swimming fine? Having any spasms? Is he hiding?

If he is swimming fine and the blood spot hasn't gotten bigger then it should be fine. You're main concern is going to be if keeps bleeding. Does he look hurt while swimming?

The last fish of mine that had that got knocked by a falling rock while I was vacuuming and he died almost immediately though (within a half hour, he was an oto).

I hope he is ok.

deedeem15 02-23-2012 03:30 AM

Thanks!

He seems to be fine. He swims around and he ate a lot of dinner (peas) Also, his bloody/red spot hasn't gotten any bigger. Thank you! Now, I'm just going to try to fight off the ich and IP. Thank you for your response :)

Termato 02-23-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedeem15 (Post 991034)
He seems to be fine. He swims around and he ate a lot of dinner (peas) Also, his bloody/red spot hasn't gotten any bigger. Thank you! Now, I'm just going to try to fight off the ich and IP. Thank you for your response :)

Glad I could help. I am not so well informed so you might want to contact a moderator (especially if they have ich)

The moderators can really help with anything like that.