Angel with nemotode worms
My beloved marble Angel has been suffering for close to a month now with nemotode worms...I can see them protruding from its anus. The Angel has barely eaten anything for close to a month. It seems interested in the food, eats it and then spits it out.
I have removed it from my main tank when I noticed it, I have raised the temperature to over 90 F
I have treated with API internal parasite cure to no avail.
From what I have read, Lemavosole (sp?) is the beat treatment but I cannot find it anywhere
The fish looks fine (not sure how it is still alive after not eating for close to a month). It reacts well, swims fine, it just does not eat, and those damn worms sticking out are making me sick
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I feel time is running out
1. Size of tank? 10 gallon med tank
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 0
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.8
e. Test kit? API Fresh water test kit
3. Temperature? 90 f
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 1 MONTH
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 1 sick angel
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? ?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? no
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? bare bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? bare
9. a. Filtration? Penguin 100 BIO FILTER
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Very Little Light
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? NONE
11. a. Water change schedule? Once per week
b. Volume of water changed? 25 %
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap Water
d. Water conditioner used? Tetra water conditioner
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? none
12. Foods? Will not eat
How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop? No poop
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used? API Internal Parasite Treatment
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary
Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/t...#ixzz1mxujmpRz
If you can get it harka verm bird dewormer will do what you want. Doseage is 1.25mL per 10 gallons. I would not raise the temp.... I never have when deworming.
I had very good results using canine dewormer (soaked frozen bloodworms in it and did that treatment for three days/week over a three-week period). Tried levamisole and the canine dewormer (look for the ingredient fenbendazole) worked better in my case. Should be a recipe for using fenbendazole somewhere on this forum, I think here is where where I found the dosing instructions.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2