Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Beginner Saltwater Aquariums (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/)
-   -   is this normal (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/beginner-saltwater-aquariums/normal-93819/)

subparracer 02-19-2012 07:22 PM

is this normal
 
ok i don't think something is right here i bought a anemone 2 days ago and 2 clown fish but i already had 2 damselfish now i think one of the damselfish is pairing with my anemone instead of my clown fish :shock: and neither one of them are eating each other they both just set there so it this normal or should i be worried

Reefing Madness 02-19-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subparracer (Post 987461)
ok i don't think something is right here i bought a anemone 2 days ago and 2 clown fish but i already had 2 damselfish now i think one of the damselfish is pairing with my anemone instead of my clown fish :shock: and neither one of them are eating each other they both just set there so it this normal or should i be worried

When, and if your Anemone comes back, he will probably sting and kill the Domino.

subparracer 02-19-2012 09:12 PM

what u mean
 
what do u mean when u say when he comes back

Reefing Madness 02-19-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subparracer (Post 987569)
what do u mean when u say when he comes back

He's in deep trouble in your tank right now.

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/c...81/#post987705

jeffnsa 02-20-2012 10:54 AM

First off, who is not eating and don't worry about the damsel fish. Clown and damsels are from the same species and small damsels have been known to host in anenomes. Clowns have been know to host on powerheads so as long as they look lively and eat don't worry about them.

subparracer 02-20-2012 11:30 AM

bad looking damsel
 
the damsel fish turned white from all the stings but now he doesn't go in the the anemone anymore and he is black again

Reefing Madness 02-20-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnsa (Post 988116)
First off, who is not eating and don't worry about the damsel fish. Clown and damsels are from the same species and small damsels have been known to host in anenomes. Clowns have been know to host on powerheads so as long as they look lively and eat don't worry about them.

:shock:

jeffnsa 02-21-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefing Madness (Post 988219)
:shock:

Please explain this response, I am curious. Juvinile damsels of many varieties will host in anenomes untill they get older. All his was doing is a natural response and clown fish are of the damsel fish family.

subparracer 02-21-2012 10:09 AM

im confused
 
if they are in the same family then why when he goes into the anemone he turns white for the rest of the day he is a domino damsel i have two and the other one isn't turning white in my tank so it isn't my tank

jeffnsa 02-21-2012 12:27 PM

As they get older they lose their ability to host in an anenome. It was shown on some BBC show about the ocean and how the damsels would hide in anenomes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2