Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/forum.php)
- Characins (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/characins/)
- - help weird spot on silver dollar (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/characins/help-weird-spot-silver-dollar-93703/)
help weird spot on silver dollar
so today my silver dollar got this strange white discoloration on her back ... the same thing happend do my brown knife a few days after i got it and it went away over night my LFS said maybe it was a fluke and told me to remove the fish and try to rub it off or put her in water with salt but thats a last resort as of right now here is a pic any help would be awesome
just did an ammonia test seems like it has spiked the spot has not actually completely gone off of the knife fish but has began to heal could these be burns from ammonia?
Hi boep! Usually ammonia burns are redish, so I doubt that's an ammonia burn. Has it healed yet?
If it hasn't, could you fill this out, please? Thanks!
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.