Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Live feeding

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Adamson 
#1 ·
Hello all. Thanks for checking my thread out.

I have a 55 gallon tank, decently planted with the following: 6 Tiger Barbs, 2 Clown Loaches, 1 Red Tailed Shark, 1 Gold Chinese Algae Eater, 1 Black Ghost Knife (I know someone is going to say my aquarium is too small, I will not let it become stunted or anything, and will give it away or upgrade when he grows more), and three minnows that won't go away.

The diet I have been giving them is flakes,frozen blood worms, sinking pellets that have "Whole fish meal" as the top ingredient, and I just started doing frozen beefheart.

I have read many places that live feeding is good for fish, especially the BGK. My question is, what do you feed them that is live? At the LFS they have some worms, but it appears they they are more for reptiles.

Those of you that do live feeding, what do you feed them, and where do you get it?

I am thinking about getting a handful of snails (I will keep them under control) for the loaches to snack on, otherwise I don't know much about live feeding, other then I have had 1 minnow go missing ;-)

Any feedback appreciated.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.