Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Saltwater Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/)
-   -   can I have these in the same tank (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/saltwater-fish/can-i-have-these-same-tank-93631/)

subparracer 02-17-2012 09:35 PM

can I have these in the same tank

I have two snowflake eels, two domino damsels, one coral beauty, and one pearl scale butterfly fish can all of these fish go in a tank with a anemone. I also am thinking about getting a dwarf lionfish

Reefing Madness 02-17-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subparracer (Post 985459)
I have two snowflake eels, two domino damsels, one coral beauty, and one pearl scale butterfly fish can all of these fish go in a tank with a anemone. I also am thinking about getting a dwarf lionfish

What size tank are we talkin about? I don't see why they would not all get along, with the exception of the Domino Damsels. I know you think they are cool, but just wait. They will become nasty critters. But until then, enjoy.

subparracer 02-18-2012 08:36 AM

my tank

my tank is a 55 gallon but I'm hoping that the lion fish eats my dominos when I get him because I don't really like them and the reason i bought them was to cycle my tank faster and now
thanks for replying

onefish2fish 02-18-2012 08:50 AM

butterflys like to eat anemones, but i have kept some with bubble tips.
what kind of nem did you have in mind? what kind of lighting is on the tank?

subparracer 02-18-2012 09:17 AM

light???

why does light matter about anemones. I know that you need better light with corals but does it really matter with them.

onefish2fish 02-18-2012 09:42 AM

anemones are inverts that house zooxanthellae like corals do. ( there are exceptions to both but these require even more attention )
bascially this algae (zooxanthellae) that grows in good lighting will be feeding your specimen. i would also suggest small food portions weekly-biweekly (with even more frequent if it doesnt contain zooxanthellae.)
in addition, nems will need proper alk, cal and mag levels and proper flow. basically they require a reef enviroment.

maybe we should start with what kind were you interested in?

subparracer 02-18-2012 09:46 AM

what kind I'm looking at

well either want to do a bulb or the other kind that i can't thing of right now for corse but i definitely don't want to do a carpet one because I've heard the love to eat fish

Reefing Madness 02-18-2012 10:28 AM

Saltwater Aquarium Invertebrates for Marine Reef Aquariums: Bulb Anemone

Sea Anemone Species: Sea Anemones, Bulb and Carpet Anemones

subparracer 02-18-2012 10:40 AM

is that true

is it true that carpet anemones try to eat fish now i no that all anemones will eat fish but I'm asking is it true that they will be more aggressive to fish

Reefing Madness 02-18-2012 11:55 AM

Carpet Nems are more prone to snack on fish than the other Nems, yes. But, keep them well fed, and you'll have no issues.