- Cichlids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/)
- - New to cichlids.... (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cichlids/new-cichlids-9363/)
New to cichlids....
I'm new to cichlids, so I have a couple questions on housing them. Any advice is appreciated! So here's what I'm wondering...
1. Can a pair of dwarf cichlids (I was thinking Rams, but I'm open to suggestions) fit comfortably in a 10 gallon? I've read several opinions, so I'm not sure if it would work or not.
2. How do they do in a moderatly - heavily planted tank? Will they uproot anything? If this would work out, I could use my 28gal. How many would fit?
3. The last option would be a 20 gallon... Would 2 pairs (one blue ram pair and one gold ram pair) be ok in that size tank? If I go with the 20 gallon, I'd like to move my platys in also. Would this work?
Any suggestions as to what else will work would be great!! thanks.
My choice would be the 28g planted. They will feel very at ease in a plnted tank.
Re: New to cichlids....
A pair can work provided the tank is heavily planted but this is best accomplished in a larger tank anyway. Furthermore, rams are not often forgiving of the extremes in water conditions. A small tank is quite vulnerable to this.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.