Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Trying to keep my head above water! (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/trying-keep-my-head-above-water-93627/)

Chesh 02-17-2012 10:11 PM

Trying to keep my head above water!

Just saw this forum, and thought I should stop by to give a hello and introduce myself! I am SO happy to have found this place! I'm a mother to 2 human daughters, 2 doggy ones, have a kitten for a son, and a seriously outnumbered-by-females husband. Recently a spur of the moment pet-shop purchase showed me how very little I know about underwater friends, of which I now am the proud owner of several - and hoping they'll make it! Thanks already for the vast wealth of advice and knowledge I've found here, I know I'll be a regular in the future - and hopefully learn how to keep a happy healthy aquarium in the process!

EimajElocin 02-17-2012 10:30 PM

Hello and welcome!
I too found myself rather clueless when I got my tank, luckily this website has greatly helped me and my fish, which are all doing great.
Good luck with your fish (:

willow 02-18-2012 03:52 PM

hello and welcome. :-D

fish joey 02-19-2012 08:10 PM

Welcome to TFK :-D

Romad 02-20-2012 07:54 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum. I just read through your thread about cycling your tank and want to give you a thumbs up for the amount of research you're doing and for taking the good advice of the members already helping you out :thumbsup:

I probably would have failed miserably without this site in my fishkeeping endeavors.

I love your avatar btw :)

Chesh 02-20-2012 08:45 PM

Thank you everyone! I've received such a warm welcome here, and gotten so much information over the last few days. . . my head is swimming! Everything I learn spawns a million or so new questions - I can see why you're all hooked on this amazing underwater world! It's FASCINATING! I never knew there was so much I didn't know. . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romad (Post 987903)
Hello and welcome to the forum. I just read through your thread about cycling your tank and want to give you a thumbs up for the amount of research you're doing and for taking the good advice of the members already helping you out :thumbsup:
I probably would have failed miserably without this site in my fishkeeping endeavors.
I love your avatar btw :)

Thanks, Romad! I ABSOLUTELY know that my fish wouldn't have lasted long in the environment they were in, and I'm so happy that I found this site and have gotten so much help. I know my little fishies aren't out of the woods yet, but I'm feeling much more confident that they'll get there.

And again, thanks! I think it's a sweet picture - it's the chubby little paw of my one-year old daughter, pointing to her favourite fish - a dalmation molly named . . . well, Molly (my 4 year old has an AMAZING knack for naming things ;-))

Anyway, great to *meet* all of you, and I'm very excited to continue on in this fishkeeping adventure!

Mikey1973 02-20-2012 08:48 PM

Well hello there and welcome to TFK.. .Happy fish keeping..