Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Message from Heiko Bleher I am sorry for late answer (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/introduce-yourself/message-heiko-bleher-i-am-sorry-9308/)

Heiko Bleher 11-12-2007 08:20 AM

Message from Heiko Bleher I am sorry for late answer

Hi all of you at Fish Forum,

my name is Heiko Bleher and I have for the first time accessed yourt great website and Forum in April I think, but since than I was actually "on the road" or in the "jungles" collecting, around the Globe. It was (among others) in northern Australia, on the Aru Islands (New Guinea - Indonesia), along a new road in western Kalimantan (Borneo), in Tajikistan (Central Asia), giving lectures in 3 continents or doing research in the remotest (unexplored) Amazon regions (from which I returned this weekend).

So I am sorry for not talking to you all earlier - after my registration....

To introduce myself, I guess it woulkd be along text. Better some of you, if you wish, look at my official website:
www.aquapress-bleher.com

There you can, if you have time, see and read a lot about my doings, collectings, research, history, and also about my publications and on-going projects, as well as expeditions (and a list of those I had accomplished by 2006) and much more (incl. weekly news).

But I also wanted to tell you all, that, if you have any question about fresh- and brackish water fishes, please do not hesitate to contact me (I need a e-mail from the administrator, once a question arise for me, as I am unable to ente every day this nice website, to often "on the road"...).

I am off for another expedition in two days, so let me know, or post what you like and I will see to get to it asap.

All the best to all of you and keep up the good work,

always

Heiko Bleher

willow 11-12-2007 01:58 PM

welcome aboard,hope you will be happy here,:)

Lupin 11-12-2007 04:46 PM

Hey Heiko Bleher!:wave:

It's a pleasure to welcome and meet you here.:thumbsup: Been loving your discoveries of tropical fish.:love: Please do let us know about your latest expedition.:D

tangy 11-12-2007 11:10 PM

Welcome to the forum! :D

Heiko Bleher 11-28-2007 09:10 PM

Dear Lupin and all the others,

I was asked to report on my latest expedition. Well I can only write a few words, as I returned yesterday night from Nicaragua and have ahughe pile of mails and phones to answer.

It was very exciting to dive into the crater lakes (Nicaragua has more than any other country: 14) and watch (and film) the behavior of some - probably new - cichlid species. The most difficult was Laguna de Apoyeque, a very steep crater lake and most difficult to get back (I think Axel Meyer, with whom I went, lost at least 5 pounds on that single climb...).

The speciation seems to be in full swing in some of those lakes and the only unfortunate thing is, that almost everywhere they have introduced Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus - which I even found in inland rivers - and a hybrid Tilapia developed in the USA ). I also collected some very nice livebearer (extreme colorful), I believe a new cichlid species in an uncollected lake and much more. Soon pictures at www.aquapress-bleher.com

All the best to you all

always

Heiko

tangy 11-28-2007 11:34 PM

Thats really awesome H. I took a gander at that site, wich is really cool if I say so, and found a pic of a mata-mata turtle. U should have kept it and given it to me :lol: , those look really awesome. :D