Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater and Tropical Fish (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/)
-   -   This made me sick to look at (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-tropical-fish/made-me-sick-look-92979/)

ElectricBlueJackDempsey 02-09-2012 08:43 PM

This made me sick to look at

A perfect example of an extremely overstocked tank :-(

55 gal aquarium w/fish

Mikaila31 02-09-2012 08:50 PM

TBH his water level bothers me more.

onemanswarm 02-09-2012 08:51 PM

Yikes! How is that possible?

Jayy 02-09-2012 08:54 PM

WOW, thats terrible!!

Boscobear 02-09-2012 09:34 PM

I can make you sicker

If your WalMart carries live fish, don't look. I bet mucho dollars, you will see more fish than water in those 10 gallon tanks. Now it gets worse, there will be a couple dead fish in each and every tank, guaranteed.

I just looked again about 3 hours ago, sick people that run this coop-selling operation for WalMart. I was at Walmart for other items, not fish, or fish products. I am going to write an email message to WalMart tonight. Give their people a chance to correct this terrible sight. I think I'll get a response from them. I do not want Peta involved. This is animal cruelity, and I bet WalMart does not know it exist.

thekoimaiden 02-09-2012 09:58 PM

:shock: There's a pacu in there. I also think I see some gourami. "This is a great deal, we just have too many tanks to keep up with." :roll: No kidding. Can't even be bothered to do basic research on the fish you have.

I would be scared to see the rest of this person's tanks.

angella 02-09-2012 10:15 PM

That was a pretty crazy tank. Probably would be a good deal, if you separated the fish and stuff xD
But I mean the environment itself wasn't even decent. No plants, fake or real.

ElectricBlueJackDempsey 02-09-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekoimaiden (Post 978499)
:shock: There's a pacu in there. I also think I see some gourami. "This is a great deal, we just have too many tanks to keep up with." :roll: No kidding. Can't even be bothered to do basic research on the fish you have.

I would be scared to see the rest of this person's tanks.

I know, its terrible. I also see a banded Leporinus in there. I hope someone in my area who has a very large tank, rescues these poor fish.

Stoke88 02-13-2012 08:23 PM

Don't even get me started on Wal-Mart and their fish department. I tried talking to one of the idiots who was working in the fish department but that was a joke. He knew that fish lived in water and that was about it. Those fish are so badly taken care of its ridiculous. I bet more fish die in those tanks than are sold. :roll:

Tazman 02-13-2012 08:42 PM

I may be wrong but I have seen people do that to tanks to get rid of fish they no longer want.

Throw them in a tank, take a picture and make it seem that they have worked out in the tank.
Worst I ever saw was a silver arowana at 22" sat in 32g gallon tank on kijjii once, was almost as long as the tank..there was no physical way it would have been able to turn in that tank...person had it in a 180g but no longer wanted it and was not selling the big tank so put it in the 32g to sell it.