Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Cyprinids and Atherinids (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cyprinids-atherinids/)
-   -   I want to know what Tinfoil Barb eat? (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/cyprinids-atherinids/i-want-know-what-tinfoil-barb-92759/)

Nuttawet 02-07-2012 02:06 PM

I want to know what Tinfoil Barb eat?

I want to know what Tinfoil Barb eat?

What is macrophytes? Where can i get it? Do you have picture?

What is filamentous algae? Where can i get it? Do you have picture?

Does bloodworm count as worm or insect?

What kind of insect does tinfoil barb eat?

Does tinfoil barb eat flightless fruit flies?

ElectricBlueJackDempsey 02-07-2012 02:27 PM

They aren't very picky. Tinfoil barbs do fine eating quality pellets with the other foods like blood worms and brine shrimp also being part of their diet. Are you planning getting Tinfoil Barbs? Make sure you do research because a 75 gallon would be the smallest you could keep them in. (preferably bigger)

Nuttawet 02-07-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueJackDempsey (Post 976052)
They aren't very picky. Tinfoil barbs do fine eating quality pellets with the other foods like blood worms and brine shrimp also being part of their diet. Are you planning getting Tinfoil Barbs? Make sure you do research because a 75 gallon would be the smallest you could keep them in. (preferably bigger)

The informations about tinfoil barb didn't say they eat blood worms. But the informations about tinfoil barb said they eat worms.

ElectricBlueJackDempsey 02-07-2012 03:53 PM

They will eat most of anything. You can feed bloodworms and earthworms. They will also eat smaller fish that fit in their mouth so you have to be careful when stocking your tank.

Nuttawet 02-07-2012 04:29 PM

What kind of insect does Tinfoil Barb eat?

Does Tinfoil Barb eat flightless fruit flies?

Byron 02-07-2012 05:19 PM

Most fish will eat any insect that lands on the water surface. Wingless fruit flies are ideal because they can't fly so they will get eaten quickly.

Nuttawet 02-09-2012 04:09 PM

I want to know what tinfoil barb eat. Please name all.

Nuttawet 02-09-2012 05:01 PM

In nature what do tinfoil barb eat?

Byron 02-09-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuttawet (Post 978149)
In nature what do tinfoil barb eat?

Click the shaded name to see the profile, it mentions wild food and aquarium foods. It does not mention specific insects because most of us don't know what insects might live somewhere on the other side of the globe.

Nuttawet 02-10-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byron (Post 976264)
Most fish will eat any insect that lands on the water surface. Wingless fruit flies are ideal because they can't fly so they will get eaten quickly.

What about small cricket? Does tinfoil barb eat small cricket?