Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/)
-   Freshwater Aquarium Equipment (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/)
-   -   What to put in the wet/dry Filter (http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/freshwater-aquarium-equipment/what-put-wet-dry-filter-92698/)

gatorsfan 02-06-2012 06:14 PM

What to put in the wet/dry Filter
 
Hey guys,
Its been a while since I have been on this site but I have a question I cant find the answer too. I have a 35 gallon wet/dry trickle filter made by aquamiracle and I dont know what I will need as far as filter media goes. I have some floss directly below the inlet that the water goes thru prior to the bio balls but thats it. What else would you recommend?

My set up is a tropical tank with tetras and gourami's. 75gallon no plants. Thanks for your help and hope you can help! :lol:

CamryDS 02-06-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorsfan (Post 975232)
Hey guys,
Its been a while since I have been on this site but I have a question I cant find the answer too. I have a 35 gallon wet/dry trickle filter made by aquamiracle and I dont know what I will need as far as filter media goes. I have some floss directly below the inlet that the water goes thru prior to the bio balls but thats it. What else would you recommend?

My set up is a tropical tank with tetras and gourami's. 75gallon no plants. Thanks for your help and hope you can help! :lol:

that's pretty much it. Unless you want to use activated carbon, but I haven't used that in a while.
I'd put plants in the aquarium though, a more natural look

gatorsfan 02-06-2012 06:48 PM

Trickle Filter
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CamryDS (Post 975253)
that's pretty much it. Unless you want to use activated carbon, but I haven't used that in a while.
I'd put plants in the aquarium though, a more natural look

Do you have any other type of mechanical filtration in your tank? I am thinking I need some sort of hob filter as well or am I out to lunch? Thanks!

CamryDS 02-06-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorsfan (Post 975289)
Do you have any other type of mechanical filtration in your tank? I am thinking I need some sort of hob filter as well or am I out to lunch? Thanks!


In my 90 gallon I had 1 canister filter
before the canister I used a aquaclear 110, but that was not even needed. My plants did most of my filtering for me, plus plants are awesome to look at while fish interact with it -- very calming.

The tank in my profile is my new 5 gallon, my 90 is retired.

beetlebz 02-07-2012 01:08 AM

I would think you should be just fine :)

AbbeysDad 02-07-2012 08:07 AM

It sounds like your setup is fine. As long as you have foam pad and/or filter floss on the drip plate above the bio-balls or other bio-media to catch particulates (and routinely service), it should be fine.
You want to keep solid waste out of the bio-media.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2