Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Can I add more fish?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  perselus 
#1 ·
I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 fancy goldfish, and I'm thinking about adding a new one in a few weeks, and one more a month later, leaving a total of 4. I know goldfish need a lot of water, so can a 55 gallon tank be enough for about 4 fancy goldfish?

And where do I find celestials and the more rare kinds? The local stores here only have fantails, blckmoores and ryukin...

#2 ·
perselus said:
I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 fancy goldfish, and I'm thinking about adding a new one in a few weeks, and one more a month later, leaving a total of 4. I know goldfish need a lot of water, so can a 55 gallon tank be enough for about 4 fancy goldfish?

And where do I find celestials and the more rare kinds? The local stores here only have fantails, blckmoores and ryukin...
Hi Perselus.

Have you tried Aquabid.com? You'll be fine with four provided not one of them is a common goldfish that can easily outcompete most fancy ones and even outgrow the tank easily simply by requiring more swimming space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.