Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Anyone using heater controllers?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  herefishy 
#1 ·
After only 8 months, my Finnex titanium heater is failing. The "thermostat" is not working properly so I'm thinking about buying a controller and running the element wide open. So far I like the AquaMedic Biotherm controller but I can't find any reviews on this or any other models. I'm not using a chiller so I don't need an expensive duel stage controller. Anybody out there have opinions on this model or others? Thanks.

#2 ·
I'm not a salty, so I have refrained from answering this post, waiting on someone else to give it their effort. I have used heaters with external controls a long time ago. I did it out of necessity rather than choice. I had a 300g tank and needed to heat it. At that time the only heaters I could find were heaters that had to have an external control. They came with a sensor that was in the tank, an external controller, and the heater. The worked just fine. But a word of caution, you get what you pay for and good heating setups like this can be a tad pricey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.