Tropical Fish Keeping banner

New tropical Fish tank

943 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Byron 
#1 ·
I need to know how many fish is too much for a 15 gallon fish tank. I didnt buy any of the fish my parents did, as well as the rest of the stuff for my 20th birthday
Please send your advice thank you,
Kayla

#2 ·
First, welcome to Tropical Fish Keeping forum.:wave:

Second, I moved this post out of the existing thread you posted in and started its own new thread. It was not directly related to the other thread, plus it will get more notice on its own.

Third, to your question.:) This is something that can't be directly answered because several factors impact the number of fish that an aquarium can support safely. The size of the fish (at maturity, not when you get them), the species (some need groups, some have behavioural issues, etc), the tank itself (not only the size with water volume, but live plants and decor), along with your filter and water changes.

As you already seem to have the fish, if you tell us which they are and how many of each, and indicate if you have live plants and how the tank is set up, one of us will be able to provide an answer.

Byron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.